Interesting deal at True Blue

colinmce

I saw this and also ordered the Jacquet disc. It appears that RCA Victor has released this material on CD at least once but I would guess that the Mosaic will sound better and is probably a better price than what I'd pay for a used copy OOP.

How's the music? I'm guessing I won't be dissapointed since the other Jacuet stuff I have from around that era is great.

Years back, I was able to pick up from Mosaic some incomplete sets from Mosaic: a nearly complete McLean, one disc from the Quebec Hardee set and a couple of discs from the Buck Clayton set. The McLean and Clayton sets came with box and book and the Hardee with book.

FYI, True Blue is selling single discs from their Illinois Jacquet (MD4-145) and Bunny Berrigan (MD7-219) sets for $8.98 apiece. The discs represent the Complete RCA Recordings and Complete Parlophone Recordings respectively. I picked them up, 'cause why not.

These single discs have been available since the big boxes went OOP; $8.98 apiece is indeed a nice deal, though.

By the way, the name is Berigan :)