Reptet coming to Chicago and Michigan

Johnny E

Reptet are planning on touring through Michigan and Chicago again in May. Last I heard, Dan was booking the Velvet, but that article by Neil in today’s NYTimes says they are closed and awaiting a new locale. Where’s the place for us to play this time? The Hungry Brain? Elastic? Club Blujazz? Any advice and contacts would be highly appreciated (for places to play in Michigan too).

Thanks ya’ll!

-j

Reptet are planning on touring through Michigan and Chicago again in May. Last I heard, Dan was booking the Velvet, but that article by Neil in today’s NYTimes says they are closed and awaiting a new locale. Where’s the place for us to play this time? The Hungry Brain? Elastic? Club Blujazz? Any advice and contacts would be highly appreciated (for places to play in Michigan too).

Thanks ya’ll!

-j

Read Neil's piece again. The bit about the Velvet is about times past.

Do you still have Hugo's information?

Maybe Founder's Brewing Company -- they're on the web.

I think we will be doing a double bill with Corey Eno Ruffin's group at Founders. Hugo would love to have us again but I think that Founders will pay decent and we'll be needing every penny while on the road. We'd like to play Detroit, Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo as well. Keep the suggestions-a-comin'.

There's this, too, in Kalamazoo:

KRAFTBRAU BREWERY

402 E Kalamazoo Ave

Kalamazoo, MI

(269) 384-0288

www.kraftbraubrewery.com

There was a guy named Matt Dorbin of "Black Jack Productions" who was booking Kraftbrau some great jazz and improvised music shows. mdorbin@yahoo.com is the last contact I have for him

Yes! We tried the art museums Art After 5 but they were already booked through May. We're looking at Johnny's? Is that the name, can't remember. Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks,

-john

We want to play in Virginia this time too. Does anyone know the guys in Fight the Big Bull ?

Yes! We tried the art museums Art After 5 but they were already booked through May. We're looking at Johnny's? Is that the name, can't remember. Please let me know if you have any leads.

Thanks,

-john

We want to play in Virginia this time too. Does anyone know the guys in Fight the Big Bull ?

Contact Peter Solomon who has a jazz show from 7-10p M-F at WCVE Public Radio 88.9 in Richmond. I listen to his show and he's a real nice guy and a pleasure to talk to. He can probably help you.

http://ideastations.org/jazz