Peter Ind's Wave Records (including Marsh, Konitz)

romualdo

Have just obtained a few CD's from Peter Ind's site/label (UK based).

For those unaware Peter was a core member of the Tristano/Marsh/Konitz axis. He has been releasing material (mostly taped by himself, some live, some studio) on his Wave label since the 60's.

A large amount of it has now been transferred to CD - sound quality is excellent.

If you're a Warne Marsh fan there are a number of CD's in the catalogue worth picking up - Release Record, Send Tape (Wave CD 06), More Jazz From The East Village (Wave CD 10), London Concert with Lee Konitz (Wave CD 16)

The site has just commenced paypal transactions, now making it much easier for CD purchases

Peter replies personally & very promptly to any inquiries

My link

the above site is preferable to the peterindWavejazz site

Peter Ind Presents Lee Konitz in Jazz from the Nineteen Fifties (Wave CD 39) contains additional material from The Real Lee Konitz (Atlantic) sessions - very fine music.

I bought a used LP copy of 'No Kidding' before Christmas. The music was amazing, but the recording is panned so hard in each channel, there is a huge dead middle in the sound. Very difficult to listen to. Perhaps the discs have been re-channeled?

Peter Ind Presents Lee Konitz in Jazz from the Nineteen Fifties (Wave CD 39) contains additional material from The Real Lee Konitz (Atlantic) sessions - very fine music.

I bought a used LP copy of 'No Kidding' before Christmas. The music was amazing, but the recording is panned so hard in each channel, there is a huge dead middle in the sound. Very difficult to listen to. Perhaps the discs have been re-channeled?

The Lee Konitz CD I mentioned is a mono recording with very decent sound.

I have a fine Lee Konitz album on Wave, Timespan (LP 14), which seems quite a rarity nowadays. It presents a variety of Konitz solos recorded over a nuimber of years and all of highest quality. I'll also back the recommendations for the very excellent Release Record, Send Tape.