New Miles?

medjuck

But what about the LaserLight versions of the Trema discs?

It seems back in their early days, LaserLight did some legit stuff (like three volumes of Jazz in Baden-Baden discs featuring Oscar Pettiford, Donald Byrd and many others), but nowadays they look like a blatant rip-off, too...

No idea how legit the Laserlights versions are.

The only Laserlights I have purchased were in the 5CD set 'Happy Birthday Duke!' (the April 29 birthday sessions). The liner notes were written by Stanley Dance so I take it there was some legacy (or at least ducal imprimatur) to this release!

Just got this announcement from CD Universe:

Miles Davis

Live In Rome & Copenhagen 1969

Digitally remastered collection of live tunes from the Jazz icon. Contains the Rome and Copenhagen performances by the 1969 Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette. This band toured Europe from October 26 to November 9, 1969. In his autobiography, Miles would state that this group was really a bad motherfucker! 15 tracks. Gambit. 2010.

Releases March 2

Has this "lost quintet" cd been available before? Anyone have it and recommend it?

As others have said, the music has been circulated widely. I think the Rome concert is particularly well-recorded (though is this the complete recording? it wouldn't fit on just one CD). I believe the Rome concert has the last recording Miles ever made of "Round Midnight".

Just got this announcement from CD Universe:

Miles Davis

Live In Rome & Copenhagen 1969

Digitally remastered collection of live tunes from the Jazz icon. Contains the Rome and Copenhagen performances by the 1969 Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette. This band toured Europe from October 26 to November 9, 1969. In his autobiography, Miles would state that this group was really a bad motherfucker! 15 tracks. Gambit. 2010.

Releases March 2

Has this "lost quintet" cd been available before? Anyone have it and recommend it?

As others have said, the music has been circulated widely. I think the Rome concert is particularly well-recorded (though is this the complete recording? it wouldn't fit on just one CD). I believe the Rome concert has the last recording Miles ever made of "Round Midnight".

B O on CD Universe already !