"To Have and To Hold"

BeBop

I heard about this and decided to post as a possible item of interest in this, Vinyl Frontier, forum area. Frankly, I don't know anything about movies or videos or television. (I haven't watched any since the 1970s, including this "sample".) But this seemed like it would be of interest to those of you who do. If not, let me know and I'll delete this thread.

I wonder if it was THIS bandwagon that the camera/mike-wielding people wanted to jump on who shot a TV report about that local record store on the very morning the shop held their clearance/special offer sale there last Friday. ;)

According to what they said, they did not have a slot in any (local or regional, let alone national) TV channel yet but were all intent on getting the footage on screen. Let's see what happens ... At least vinyl seems to be getting attention in more than one place. Which cannot hurt ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I wonder if it was THIS bandwagon that the camera/mike-wielding people wanted to jump on who shot a TV report about that local record store on the very morning the shop held their clearance/special offer sale there last Friday. ;)

According to what they said, they did not have a slot in any (local or regional, let alone national) TV channel yet but were all intent on getting the footage on screen. Let's see what happens ... At least vinyl seems to be getting attention in more than one place. Which cannot hurt ...

It might rise the prices in the stores...

Not in that one. The "regular" stuff in that shop never has been exceedingly cheap and the owner sometimes does have cutthroat allures but he's got MUCH too much stuff on his hands considering the site where his shop is located is scheduled for redevelopment within the next 18 months.

He is shrewd enough to know he is on a slippery slope as it is and does know that selling lots of stuff at 10% of what the price tag originally was on items that remained unsold for 10 years will still yield him substantial money. (Except for top collectible items, of course, they won't be discounted like that ... ;))

Actually what I wanted to get at, of course, is that it cannot hurt showing that vinyl still is alive and kicking and that there is a market out there. ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve