Allman Brothers fans

skeith

I recently bought Eat A Peach (Deluxe Edition) which has much better sound and extra tracks from the last Fillmore East Concert that had not previously been issued officially.

It started me thinking about getting Live at the Fillmore East (Deluxe Edition) or maybe that Fillmore Concerts box? Obviously there may be some overlap of tunes here.

What have you Allman Brothers fans done? Please don't keep me wondering.

I bought the Fillmore Concerts box and don't recommend it. It does have At Fillmore (sort of) and the live tracks from Eat a Peach plus others, but it didn't sound as great as the vinyl and they dicked around with one of the songs (Elizabeth Reed, I think), taking half of it from one night, half from the other as opposed to the original released version.

The deluxe edition looks tempting and has a song that wasn't on the Fillmore Concerts box.

The Fillmore East Deluxe has Midnight Rider and One Way Out which also appear on the Eat a Peach Deluxe (they are from the last Fillmore show, June 27 1971 or something like that). The rest of the Fillmore Deluxe is from the March shows that made up the original release. Get them both. Skip that box (it's not really a box, it's just a double disc set).

THanks guys! is the Live at the Fillmore Deluxe Edition better sounding than the last previous remaster of this disc which I think is from the late 90s?

Both were huge improvements over the original CD release. Go for the deluxe edition with the extra cuts, that era of Allman Brothers is priceless.