WTF?

JSngry

That "I Love Lucy" theme was one of the hippest TV themes of all time, and I actually dug that midi version! Did you guys catch the quotes of "English Country Garden" (a favorite of the bopsters) and "St. Thomas"?

Yeah, they messed up a bit including F Troop, but hey- it was the thought that counted. ;) That's one of many shows I haven't seen yet on TVland or Nickelodeon, and it pisses me off!

Yeah, they messed up a bit including F Troop, but hey- it was the thought that counted. ;) That's one of many shows I haven't seen yet on TVland or Nickelodeon, and it pisses me off!

Word.

If you ask me TVland is going downhill. The current lineup sucks. I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, and Dick Van Dyke can be seen on numerous other stations throughout the day. TVland needs to be running shoes like F-Troop that you wan't find anywhere else.

Oh contraire! When Nick added it to the lineup (briefly) two or three years ago, I got into it all over again, dumb as it is. No doubt the nostalgic memories of watching it almost every night as a kid helped. There's something about that show that just hyp-no-tizes kids. My wife told me how she and her brother watched it like everyone else their age, but her parents couldn't understand because they thought it was the stupidest thing they'd ever seen in their lives.

That reminds me---bring back Get Smart!

We're on Comcast cable with AT&T. There's a station called GTV (Goodtime Television) that shows F-Troop fairly regularly along with all those brutal Warner Brothers private eye and cowboy programs from the late '50's and early '60's. Shows like 77 Sunset Strip, Surfside 6, Sugarfoot and Bronco. They also ran Ozzie & Harriet (which I dearly love) for awhile. We don't get this channel in our package but you can still see what's on. F-Troop sure brings back some memories. Forrest Tucker, Larry Storch and Ken Berry. I think the indian tribe was the Hikowies or something like that.

Bruce mentioned Leave It to Beaver. That's my all time favorite. Eddie Haskell has to be one of the most memorable TV characters ever. Speaking of Beaver, the guy who played Whitey (Stanley Fafara) lived here in Portland. He was recovering from a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse when he died a few weeks ago. Big story in the local newspaper, The Oregonian.

Up over and out.

Yeah, it was F-Troop. Not even REMOTELY 50s.

BTW, did you know that Forrest Tucker & Milton Berle are rumored to have had...

Uh, never mind.

...the biggest antennae in TVLand?

:lol::lol::lol:

You've heard the probably-apocryphal story regarding Milton Berle and the contest to discover who in Hollywood who had the, er...biggest antennae. I've heard the contest was between Berle and Humphrey Bogart, Berle and Forest Tucker, Berle and Sinatra.

It basically goes like this:

Berle and Bogart (or whomever) and their buddies are in the locker room at the Beverly Hills Country Club after a round of golf. Goaded on by their friends to "settle this once and for all" they decide to whip out their...antennae...to determine whose is bigger. Just as they're about to do it, one of Berle's friend's says, "Hey, Milton, just take out enough to win."

Speaking of Beaver, the guy who played Whitey (Stanley Fafara) lived here in Portland. He was recovering from a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse when he died a few weeks ago. Big story in the local newspaper, The Oregonian.

Sad news. So many child actors seem to go that route. I heard that the guy who played Eddie Haskell eventually became a policeman. Imagine being pulled over by Eddie Haskell!!!!