Hurray!!! OOP Mosaics for Everyone!!!

sheldonm

I talked to my wife about this not long ago (I just turned 38 but hope to stick around for, oh, 40 or 50 more years! Maybe longer if more advances are made in vital longevity, and if the, er, uh, excesses of my youth don't come back to haunt me... :ph34r: ) I suggested that she e-bay as many as she wanted to and donate the rest to the Indiana University School of Music. Same with my general collection... I'd want her to get extra fiscal security out of it, but I'd also like to leave some things that jazz students & scholars could use for free.

I talked to my wife about this not long ago (I just turned 38 but hope to stick around for, oh, 40 or 50 more years! Maybe longer if more advances are made in vital longevity, and if the, er, uh, excesses of my youth don't come back to haunt me... :ph34r: ) I suggested that she e-bay as many as she wanted to and donate the rest to the Indiana University School of Music. Same with my general collection... I'd want her to get extra fiscal security out of it, but I'd also like to leave some things that jazz students & scholars could use for free.

Such forward-thinking is indeed laudatory. Personally, I've got a ton of life insurance and that's what's most important. Yes, there's some value to my various collections but if one is to plan ahead then the main thing is to settle one's life insurance. And if you have an adequate amount of it then you can donate these collections to universities and such.

I say, when you hit 60 or 65, start selling your collection.

Don't leave a mess around for your heirs to clean-up.

You talkin' to ME?

I'll hit 65 pretty soon. My plans after I get there is to spend time really listening to the treasures I have amassed. This will take me years.

My wife knows where and who to call when I'll be done :o

Remember, it took you 40 years to amass your collection of 'treasures.'

It will take you just as long to dispose of it, unless you call up a used-record store.

If after listening to each 'treasure,' you sell it, you can clear out your collection in 40 years. :D

Conn,

You're not selling insurance again are you ;) ?

Mark

Can't Mark.

You guys are all out of state and I'm leaving that business anyway. Getting out of the insurance business.

My words are true nevertheless.

No one should die prematurely without life insurance. Term insurance is incredibly cheap. Too many people die without it for whatever reason.

Sorry to derail the thread and get on my soapbox guys, but go out and get life insurance if you don't have enough of it. Talk to your agent or check out the internet.

I'm delivering a check for $225,000 to the widow of a man I wrote two term policies. He died at 56 from lung cancer which hit him out of the blue. He was a nonsmoker, but had some exposure to asbestos during his navy days. He was self employed and like most of his kind, felt his business was his "retirement." In other words, he had no IRAs and no 401k. Of course, his business wasn't worth much when he died because he was the business. It's so sad... :(

Damn, I wish I had sold him $500,000.

It's never enough!

Okay Mark, back to regular scheduled programming...