b3-er (Organissimo) on the radio tonight...

Hey everyone,

Just did a radio interview with Pete Fallico of The Doodlin' Lounge, a great jazz show out of KUSP in Santa Cruz, California. Pete is an organ fanatic and plays fantastic soul jazz grooves on his radio show every Monday night. KUSP does stream on the web if anyone wants to listen in. KUSP Homepage

His show is from 9pm to 12am Pacific Standard Time.

Yowza! Thanks for the heads up, Jim. I should be paying more attention. I can sometimes pick the station up here over the airwaves (if the proper planets are aligned, the weather is right, and none of the neighbors are doing anything weird ;)). I may have to go out in the car to listen, if the reception is better out there.

Pete is a hell of an organ historian. I wish he was posting here, in fact! I invited him to the BN board once, and he posted a couple of times. Everybody should check out his website, too:

The Doodlin' Lounge

Hey everyone,

Just did a radio interview with Pete Fallico of The Doodlin' Lounge, a great jazz show out of KUSP in Santa Cruz, California. Pete is an organ fanatic and plays fantastic soul jazz grooves on his radio show every Monday night. KUSP does stream on the web if anyone wants to listen in. KUSP Homepage

His show is from 9pm to 12am Pacific Standard Time.

b3, how did the host of the radio show learn about and decide to interview you?

Just wondering...

I emailed Pete for the first time about three years ago when I was living in Ann Arbor and got a CD which he had wrote liner notes for. I checked out his website (The Doodlin Lounge) and listened to his show and he was playing this SMOKIN' B3 groove... I though it was Jimmy Smith.

When he came back and said who it was, it turned out to be Leon Spencer, Jr! Blew my mind!

Anyway, I emailed him and requested some McDuff and he emailed me back and played some that night. I've kept in touch with him since and when our disc came out I sent him a copy first. He's been talking about doing an interview for a couple of months and I'm glad it worked out.

Damn. It seems I can no longer get KUSP over the airwaves (some contemporary hard rock station is dominating that frequency on this side of the Santa Cruz mountains). At least not tonight. On top of that, my RealPlayer stream kept quitting ("server timed out"). @#$%. I've never had this much trouble with RealPlayer before... listened to Ghost of Miles' program once, and that Gigi Gryce show from NYC that Mike Fitzgerald posted about... but I can't pick up a damn show from 30 miles away. :angry:

Oh well, it's still good to know that Pete aired this. B)