Hendrix's London Pad

I actually did a gig - a Handel/Hendrix thing - in the Handel museum a few months ago...fun place!

As someone said on another thread, 'only in England'!

Music for Royal Fireworks (with Lighter Fuel) by any chance?

I suppose they have more in common than you first think - both came from abroad and established their reputations in London. Don't think Handel was at Woodstock*, though.

(* Though he might have visited another Woodstock to entertain the Churchill's at some point.)

Edited by A Lark Ascending

Guest Bill Barton

I'm surprised that Hendrix's flat hasn't been turned into a permanent museum. I would think that, at least in the present day, there'd be more interest in Hendrix than in Handel.

Let's hope that London is more attuned to history than Jimi's hometown. Sure, there's a statue of him on Broadway and an exhibit in EMP, but Seattle on the whole pretty much ignores history of any kind.

Jimi Hendrix childhood home torn down

• 5 years later...

Interesting news article on Hendrix's flat: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3437104/The-real-Red-House-yonder-Bedroom-Mayfair-flat-Jimi-Hendrix-lived-height-fame-opens-public-2-4million-restoration-project.html

One photo highlights his record collection.  Nice to see albums from Wes Montgomery and Charles Lloyd there.