Sonny Rollins Freelance Years

CJ Shearn

The set was 20-bit K2 remastered, so the answer would be yes.

The music is excellent, but to my ears the set sounds as if the higher frequencies were boosted and it also sounds loud/compressed compared to the individual CDs with the same material. I didn't like it and sold it.

Ahh well, still... "Way Out West" is an INCREDIBLE album sonically, have to admit its my first time listening to it. Just one of those things. Listening through my Audio Technica studio monitor phones (like the ones Jim mixed his solo record on) and with my EQ pretty much flat.

The music is excellent, but to my ears the set sounds as if the higher frequencies were boosted and it also sounds loud/compressed compared to the individual CDs with the same material. I didn't like it and sold it.

Sorry, but I have that set, where does it say that it was 20-bit K2 remastered, I don't remember seeing that printed anywhere. Not that I'm doubting you or anything. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Sorry, but I have that set, where does it say that it was 20-bit K2 remastered, I don't remember seeing that printed anywhere. Not that I'm doubting you or anything. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Unless there was a Japanese only release of this one;

f1d0024128a0c2d8ed99d010.L.jpg

then I don't think this set was 20-bit K2 remastered, mine says it was done by Kirk Felton in 2000. I think you might be mistaking it for the Bill Evans Complete V.V. set, which was 20-bit K2 remastered.

Either way it's a great set.

Unless there was a Japanese only release of this one;

f1d0024128a0c2d8ed99d010.L.jpg

then I don't think this set was 20-bit K2 remastered, mine says it was done by Kirk Felton in 2000. I think you might be mistaking it for the Bill Evans Complete V.V. set, which was 20-bit K2 remastered.

Either way it's a great set.

Mine was a Japanese set and it was 20-bit K2 remastered. I don't remember exactly (I sold the set ages ago), but I think it said so in the booklet. And no, I'm not mistaking it for the Bill Evans set you mentioned.

Musically it's a great set indeed, but, as I said earlier, to my ears sonically my set was not.

Edited by J.A.W.
edited to correct an error.

Forgot to add that my set was from Japan.