Sleeves For DigiPacks and Mini LPs...

street singer

Hey everybody,

I know that some of you out there hate the DigiPack and Mini-LP style CD cases...but, I tell ya, I really like 'em. They're so much more, I dunno...'comforting' than a regular plastic jewel case. Maybe because I associate the cardboard with record sleeves and this makes me feel better or something... Who knows. Regardless of the reason, I do like them. However, what I DON'T like about them is the inevitable wear and tear on the covers due to sliding them in and out of their spots on the shelves. Do any of you know of a source for plastic sleeves to protect the covers of these things? Preferably something resealable like the ones that come with the Verve Mini-LP discs. I found something that looks promising at SleeveCity. Here is the link...

http://www.sleevetown.com/plastic-cd-sleeves.shtml

The ones I'm referring to are at the bottom of the page. Anyone tried these?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Singer,

While I've ordered from Sleeve Town with good results, I haven't tried the sleeves you're mentioning. The best mylar sleeves for mini-LPs that I've come across are actually from Red Trumpet, right here, and about 3/4 down the page, under "Japanese Products." The price isn't the best, but they are specifically designed for the Japanese mini-LP format, and reseal nicely. I actually bought 200 of the things. And, if you get your order over $30, shipping is free ... which of course, as you're a fan of the mini-LP, means that you'll need to add this to your shopping cart. In its Japanese incarnation, the album sounds amazing. The music ain't bad either. ;)

Are you talking about those Jewel Box Begone space saving sleeves? If so, I recently purchased a bunch from the Jazz Loft—great service by the way—and have mixed feelings about them. While they do save a lot of space on the cd rack, it’s often hard to read the cd spines. Call me crazy, but there is something comforting about seeing all those great label and artist names printed on the cd spines, lined up in a row on ye ole cd shelfe.

If you move a lot they are a good investment due to their compactness, but if you have a house or have the space you might want to stick with the jewel case. I think that once my wife and I purchase a house, I will be transferring a lot of my jazz cds from space saving sleeves back into jewel cases.

Those sleeves from Red Trumpet also sound very interesting.