Blu-rays anyone?

Breaking Bad is very good. I tried not to like it as it's quite a roller coaster ride, but I'm two seasons in so far. After a break it'll be time for season three, perhaps later next year.

This year Sons of Anarchy has moved itself up the ladder of great shows, it was a real thrill ride this year. Going to be a great Blu-ray set when released.

I'm looking to purchase a few Criterion blu-rays for Christmas gifts (perhaps Kurosawa or Kubrick). Any tips on where they can be purchased most affordably? I've looked a bit at the big e-tailers and am wondering if there are any smaller specialty shops that offer better pricing. Thanks for any tips.

I think the e-tailers are going to give you the best price -- I would look at Amazon or DeepDiscount.com. DeepDiscount is currently running a sale on Criterions and that should include Blue-Rays.

I'm looking to purchase a few Criterion blu-rays for Christmas gifts (perhaps Kurosawa or Kubrick). Any tips on where they can be purchased most affordably? I've looked a bit at the big e-tailers and am wondering if there are any smaller specialty shops that offer better pricing. Thanks for any tips.

Barns & Noble seem to have a Criterion sale every year or maybe even a couple of times a year. I'm not sure since there is no longer a B & N near me, but my son in New York has taken advantage of their Criterion sales.

Barns & Noble seem to have a Criterion sale every year or maybe even a couple of times a year. I'm not sure since there is no longer a B & N near me, but my son in New York has taken advantage of their Criterion sales.

B&N usually has a 50% off Criterion sale in the summer and one in November. They just had one last month that ended three weeks ago. It's gotten to where I hardly ever buy Criterions until their sale comes around.