Firefox update question -- need help someone

i wearied of firefox a couple years ago.

it worked well for a few months, then would bog down or get buggy or sluggish.

i went with the latest editions of chrome and haven't looked back.

my friends with macs seem to think that version of chrome is ok.

do i like how google does business?

no, but i never let ethics get in the way of a better browser.

i occasionally have sampled the newest version of firefox, but have quickly deleted it.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Don't know that I'll ever be a touchscreen/pad type guy...too much like putting your hands on the TV screen, which was always strongly discouraged in our house...but that's just me.

Well on the notebooks you're touching the trackpad, not the screen itself. With OS version older hardware I'm using it only recognizes between 1 & 2 fingers. 1 finger moves the cursor around, 2 makes scrolling on webpages a breeze. I really miss the latter when I have to use Windows.

Edited by Quincy

i wearied of firefox a couple years ago.

it worked well for a few months, then would bog down or get buggy or sluggish.

i went with the latest editions of chrome and haven't looked back.

my friends with macs seem to think that version of chrome is ok.

do i like how google does business?

no, but i never let ethics get in the way of a better browser.

i occasionally have sampled the newest version of firefox, but have quickly deleted it.

I loaded Chrome on one of my PCs and rarely used it as a browser. Recently the security suite on the PC repeatedly alerted me that Chrome was tracking my site visits though Chrome was not open. I quickly deleted it. Be careful.

Don't know that I'll ever be a touchscreen/pad type guy...too much like putting your hands on the TV screen, which was always strongly discouraged in our house...but that's just me.

Well on the notebooks you're touching the trackpad, not the screen itself. With OS version I'm using it only recognizes between 1 & 2 fingers. 1 finger moves the cursor around, 2 makes scrolling on webpages a breeze. I really miss the latter when I have to use Windows.

Yeah, I got that, it's just that it "feels" like a touchscreen cognitively...just violates everything I've been programmed as far as what is and isn't ok to touch where electronics are involved...but I also don't do well with touchpads in general, or even those trackballs...guess that a brick wall of mine, but it feels like putting you fingers on a LP playing surface or something...

Good news, though, I've not passed the quirk on to my kids.