David Gitin returns to Bay Area for poetry readings

I'll be returning to the San Francisco Bay Area to give two poetry readings. Tomorrow (Wed) night I'll be at Moe's on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley at 7:30 (reading with George Mattingly) and Sunday at 2 P.M. I'll be reading at Bird & Beckett bookstore in San Francisco. Say hello if you come by! Both readings are free admission.

• 2 weeks later...

Moe's is a great place, though, it's not the same without the stench of cigar smoke since Moe died.

I remember that Moe was defiant about his cigars when Berkeley banned smoking in stores. He made sure that one was always lit.

I would have loved to be at the reading, but I am now on the other side of the world from my home town (Berkeley).

Moe's is a great place, though, it's not the same without the stench of cigar smoke since Moe died.

I remember that Moe was defiant about his cigars when Berkeley banned smoking in stores. He made sure that one was always lit.

I would have loved to be at the reading, but I am now on the other side of the world from my home town (Berkeley).

And I'm back in the Keys, 3000 miles away...

I agree. However, it was a great reading with lots of poets in attendance. Eventually, an audio will be streaming on Moe's website.

Moe's always was a poetry center for the Bay Area, along with City Lights. I remember when I became very interested in Robert Duncan, the only places that even heard of him were these two stores. I checked Moe's website, and David is not up yet.

I agree. However, it was a great reading with lots of poets in attendance. Eventually, an audio will be streaming on Moe's website.

Moe's always was a poetry center for the Bay Area, along with City Lights. I remember when I became very interested in Robert Duncan, the only places that even heard of him were these two stores. I checked Moe's website, and David is not up yet.

Robert Duncan and George Oppen are two poets I miss (always expect to see them at readings). Now my friends and I are 'elders.'

Robert Duncan and George Oppen are two poets I miss (always expect to see them at readings). Now my friends and I are 'elders.'

Duncan, Oppen, Olson; you've been very fortunate in the people you have known. I remember how blown away I was when I first read Call Me Ishmael.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

David: I was never able to find an audio of this event. Did Moe's ever post it on their website?