The Laziest States in America

What these comrades need is a trip to my newly-opened facility, "The Red Menace Soviet Boot Camp and Rehabilitation Spa"!!! There they will learn the glories of a new work ethic and a new outlook on life, as they all labor to build a grand canal in honor of A Certain Comrade Who Will Be Named Later. :winky:

Laziest states in America

Edited by The Red Menace

Could somebody please just post the list so I don't have to follow the link?

It's in a slideshow format, so I don't think anyone actually has had the patience to look at the entire list.

(I know I gave up after Arkansas.)

Well, I think I know where Kansas City is going to rank on the Top Ten Cities Impervious to Sarcasm and Irony list.

:g

Well, I think I know where Kansas City is going to rank on the Top Ten Cities Impervious to Sarcasm and Irony list.

:g

Maybe I shouldn't have quoted your post, but I most certainly LOLed at your laziness. :rofl:

Then it appears that Kentucky will place pretty high on the Top Ten Cities Impervious to Sarcasm and Irony list as well.

Even better, I think Kentucky would've been the next slide had you continued past Arkansas. I'd confirm this before posting, but I'm kinda outta breath, and besides, I just don't feel like doing it right now.

Hey, Mods, can you please do something about this site? I'm sick of having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to hit the Submit button.

Yeesh.

I grew up in West Virginia. You only have the luxury of laziness AFTER you work your butt off to just survive (gardening, chopping wood, shoveling snow, commuting at least 50 miles one way to work, etc).

Yeah....I noticed that almost all the states listed were states where there's still a lot of manual labor going on, a lot of it outside...and they only rated "laziness" based on recreational exercise...I suspect there's a lot of manual laborers who work hard on the job & then come home too tired & too underpaid to do anything except veg out and eat cheap, unhealthy food.

A pretty unappetizing life, and a fair amount of unappetizing people living it, but...not as unappetizing as people who you'd like to think would (hell, should) know better and look at things with a little more nuance not doing so. So.... my list of Top 10 Laziest, Most Halfass, Condescending "Journalism" begins with

http://www.mainstreet.com/slideshow/lifestyle/laziest-states-america

Yeah....I noticed that almost all the states listed were states where there's still a lot of manual labor going on, a lot of it outside...and they only rated "laziness" based on recreational exercise...I suspect there's a lot of manual laborers who work hard on the job & then come home too tired & too underpaid to do anything except veg out and eat cheap, unhealthy food.

Describes the lifestyle of a lot of oil field workers, too, from Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi. YOU know that, but I thought I would point it out.

[i have a friend in Lafayette Louisiana whose company does blowout preventers (like the problem with BP and the deep Gulf fiasco last summer), and he tells me that when drilling companies send crews out offshore, they try to not mix the cultures too much. It's crews of people from the same background, same state, as much as possible, sent together. The casualties on the BP rig were a strange mix of several states. Might have made for miscommunication, in his opinion.]

Describes the lifestyle of a lot of oil field workers, too, from Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi. YOU know that, but I thought I would point it out.

As well you should.

I did roustabout work for three summers back in the 70s, thanks to a Texaco program that allowed for hiring of employees's offspring for summer positions (no, my dad was not a wealthy executive, just a local "supervisory clerk", meaning that he kept, tallied, & reproted anything statistical, be it employee time reports, lease productions, anything like that) and yeah, the last thing I wanted to do after spending the day in 100 degree heat digging ditches, fixing pipeline leaks, swinging a sickle to get 10 foot tall weeds down to 1 foot and then mowing them, stuff like that, was to freakin' go exercise...