24 hours of monk today

on their archive marathon yesterday, i heard extended intimate interviews with waylon jennings, willie nelson, and ornette from the early 70s, and many live studio performances.

when i get to replay the 36 hour program, i'm sure there are many similar delights.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Monk day on KUVO Denver too. Lucky me, since I have a radio, but my connection is too slow for internet radio. Here there's a bit too much "other people playing Monk", as opposed to the man himself. I'm re-living that not-so-golden moment in jazz history when everyone recorded 'Round Midnight.

Monk day on KUVO Denver too. Lucky me, since I have a radio, but my connection is too slow for internet radio. Here there's a bit too much "other people playing Monk", as opposed to the man himself. I'm re-living that not-so-golden moment in jazz history when everyone recorded 'Round Midnight.

Spoke too soon. Monk Day is apparently over. I guess I misunderstood KUVO's use of the term "day". So now we've got Jim Cullum's Riverwalk. Get me a CD!