Problems burning CDs on my Windows 7 PC

Head Man

For many years now I have been using a very simple and straightforward piece of software called "Burrrn" to burn CD-Rs on my Windows XP PC. However I have recently upgraded my machine to a PC running Windows 7 and now find that Burrrn doesn't seem to work. I have also tried using EAC to burn the CD-R but that fails also. Windows Media Player works but I can't work out how to get it to burn the CD & track titles.

Has anyone else encountered problems burning CD-Rs under Windows 7? If so can you recommend some good quality/easy to use software that WILL work?

I just recently upgraded to Windows 7. I have been a long user of Roxio myself but did not feel like paying the $72 dollars for the software. I have burned a cd with the new Windows media player. It is not as intuitive as I would like but it did put out a decent burn once I played with it a bit. ...

Recently I downloaded the new Real Player in order to listen to our board member's program Nightlines..... I noticed the player looked like it had a good burn option. Just got through burning a disc using this program. It is a little easier to use. You store the disc in the library and just follow the prompts to complete a burn. Relative easy and Real Player is free. You might try it to see if you like it better.

Roxio is still the easiest but for what I use it for it is not worth the money IMHO......

Good Luck.

Nero drove me crazy... Burrrn is my software of choice, too. Weird that it won't work with Windows 7 but ImgBurn will - I think they're coming from the same guys... might be a combination of drives, installation, setups, whatever. My internal drive (Windows Vista) won't work with Burrrn either but my external burner never failed me.

Yeah, I use ImgBurn for DVDs and data CDRs and DVDs, too. Very good programme... never looked into burning audio CDRs with it.

I also use Imageburn or Power ISO for burning dvdr. For audio and MPEG4 I use CyberLink Power2Go which is problem free. I used to use Nero but stopped after encountering problems.

The latest version of Exact Audio Copy works great on Windows 7. It is now linked to the AccurateRip database, making it a snap to get your drive settings optimized. You just have to have an AccurateRip CD in your collection.

That's nice! I remember the old days (oh, maybe 1999?) where it was tricky to stuff to get EAC tweaked just so. It was worth the work, though tiresome walking others through it. I switched to Macs 10 years ago but still have an XP with EAC on it.

Edited by Quincy

Per your recommendations, I have downloaded burrrn, RealPlayer and EAC. EAC involved automatically resetting the drivers (?) on my computer, but it all looks good.

When you first run EAC, have one of these discs in your CD drive when you start it and it will automatically run AccurateRip and retrieve the offsets for your drive. Note that just having the CD title isn't enough. It has to be the right pressing. I use a Japanese-pressed copy of Boston's "Don't Look Back". It's been in the AccurateRip database from the beginning.