Chuck Rainey

JSngry

Update from same source:

from chuck's wife via twitter

Thank U Dear Friends for all the prayers and healing Light. Chuck had a stroke Friday night but the prognosis is good for a full recovery. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Much love to all of U ~ Susan Rainey

• 1 year later...

Oh shit. I didn't see this thread before and, reading it, was pleased that he seemed to have been getting over his stroke... then this. I hope that bad things don't come in threes for him; these two are quite bad enough.

Impossible not to like Mr Rainey. I saw him a few years ago at Ronnies, with Cornell Dupree, Les McCann & Ronnie Cuber.

MG

Just received this (forwarded) update:

I talked to Chuck about an hour ago and he sounded great, considering everything that's happened of late. They are all OK, were well insured, but basically lost everything. The firemen saved some basses, which had primarily smoke damage, but they're all in a hotel for the time being. Lots of irreplaceable personal stuff lost.

There is a Facebook page for donating to an assistance fund, which you can find on Susan Rainey's FB page. (Or mine.)

I just arrived in L.A. For GRAMMY meetings and we have already alerted MusiCares to see what they can do, and how quickly, to help Chuck and his family out with this.

Best --

Eric Jarvis