CDs for sale

ejp626

Hello all,

I've been struggling to get established in Vancouver and things are finally a bit more under control. I have the following CDs for sale. AFAIK, none of them are cut-outs, though in some cases the cases are cracked, so let me know if you need them replaced (or alternatively ship without cases). The CDs themselves are near-mint with one or two exceptions noted below.

I really don't have a good idea of the cost of shipping from Canada. I will tentatively set it as $5 for 1-3 CDs to Canada and the US, and $6 for 4+ CDs to Canada and the US (box sets will be at cost).* Overseas shipping, I will have to go check and provide a quote.

I'll probably be listing more over the coming weeks. Paypal or Amazon gift certificates are the preferred method of payment, but we can look into other arrangements. Thanks for looking.

I'll be in Portland much of this weekend, so it will take longer than usual to respond to PMs. (Maybe go ahead and leave a reply after you PM.)

Eric

5 Cannonball Adderley Love, Sex And The Zodiac BGP

5 Dave Brubeck London Flat London Sharp Telarc

7 Giorgio Buratti - Jazz Forms For Export ITJ

8 Frank Foster Manhattan Fever BN Conn

10 The Tony Fruscella & Brew Moore Quintet. The 1954 Unissued Atlantic Session Fresh Sounds

6 Coleman Hawkins Saxes Inc./Trombone Scene Lonehill

HOLD 6 Milt Jackson Statements/Jazz n' Samba Impulse 2-fer

10 Stan Kenton City of Glass Capitol

6 Junior Mance Junior Mance Touch Jazz Lips

12 Art Pepper Unreleased Art, Vol. 5 - Stuttgart Widow's Taste 2 CDs cracks to CD case, CDs in great shape

8 Paul Quinichette Plays Quincy Jones/Moods Lonehill

HOLD 7 Don Rendell Roarin' BGP

HOLD 10 Don Rendell-Ian Carr Shades Of Blue/Dusk Fire BGO 2 CDs tiny scuff on Dusk Fire outside of playing area

10 Sahib Shihab & The Danish Radio Jazz Orchestra Oktav

8 Sonny Sitt Don't Call Me Bird Fresh Sounds

6 Sonny Stitt Plays Jimmy Giuffre Arrangements American Jazz Classics minor marks on CD not affecting play

8 Sonny Stitt Blows the Blues (+ The Hard Swing) Fresh Sounds

8 Various Artists Eccentric Soul: Nickel and Penny Labels Numero Group

A few price drops so far. I'll try to list more CDs on Sunday after I am back from Portland.

* I mean that I will leave shipping at these rates for now, but may update in the future if it is significantly more than this educated guess.

Edited by ejp626

• 3 weeks later...

Price drops above.

Been doing another culling and starting to get to things that hurt just a bit to let go, but I need more shelf space.

I'll definitely list more tonight when I have a chance to check conditions and so forth.

15 Muhal R. Abrams/Barry Harris Interpretations of Monk (Koch) 2-CD set

16 Anthony Davis/Mal Waldron Interpretations of Monk vol 2 (Koch) 2-CD set

Steve Lacy and Charlie Rouse backed by various pianists

CDs in near-mint condition. One of the CD cases has a cracked cover.

$27 for both sets.

5 Cannonball Adderley w/ Bill Evans Know What I Mean? Riverside, 2001 edition with 20-bit mastering

5 Harold Land The Fox

5 Harold Land West Coast Blues

15 Various We're Gonna Rock We're Gonna Roll Proper Box -- 4 CDs of early rock n' roll music and some doo-wop as well.

30 Boddie Recording Company Number Group 3 CDs + bonus CD (Boddie Oddities)

This is a cool collection, with very rare soul and gospel-inspired tracks recorded outside Cleveland.

While this price doesn't appear to reflect a substantial discount, I was one of the pre-order customers, so I am including the much rarer Boddie Oddities bonus CD. The discs and booklet are in near-mint condition.

I'll have to check postage costs, since this thing is pretty heavy.

For an additional $6, I can include Burned at Boddie, which was Numero Group's Record Store Day CD of additional material from the Boddie Recording Company. In this case, the CD has quite a few surface marks, but it still plays fine.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by ejp626

Ok, I am going to put items for sale into two lists -- Near Mint and VG (where there are very minor marks on the CD or even fingerprints I had trouble cleaning off, but no problems with playback). In most cases, the CDs in VG are basically VG+; I can always go into more detail if you would like. The rating applies to the CD only, so a near mint CD can also be a spine cut for example, though that's not the case with most of these. Sorry if a handful of these were listed in a previous sale. I'm still getting organized and still unpacking from the move.

VG

16 Art Blakey Orgy in Rhythm (BN Conn)

12 Kenny Burrell-Jimmy Smith Blue Bash! (Verve), partial mark through UPC & CD tray glue coming loose

11 Bill Carrothers Armistice 1918 (Sketch) 2 CDs and thick booklet

4 Ray Draper w/ John Coltrane Ray Draper Quintet (OJC/New Jazz)

9 Duke Ellington The Jaywalker (Storyville)

9 Duke Ellington At the Cotton Club (Storyville) 2 CDs (minor marks on CD2 only)

6 Art Farmer Out of the Past (Chess)

18 Don Friedman A Day in the City (Riverside), some sticker residue on cover art

5 Coleman Hawkins Night Hawk (OJC/Swingville)

2 Milt Jackson Reverence and Compassion (Qwest), spinecut

15 Budd Johnson w/ Charlie Shavers Ya! Ya! (Black and Blue Sessions)

13 David Murray For Aunt Louise (DIW)

10 Pharoah Sanders w/ Hamid Drake Spirits (Meta)

6 Johnny Hammond Smith w/ Lem Winchester Talk that Talk (Prestige)

25 SF Jazz Collective Inaugural Concert Tour-Ornette Coleman (2004) 3 CD limited edition No. 1459 out of 3000 very light marks on CDs 1 & 2 (more like VG+)

25 SF Jazz Collective 4th Annual Concert Tour-Monk (2007) 2 CD limited edition No. 1502 out of 3000

very light marks and fingerprints on CD1 (more like VG+)

5 Soundtrack to Simply Heavenly* (Sepia)

* Bonus session included on CD - Bertice Reading accompanied by Art Simmons Quartet, Paris 1956

5 Terem Quartet No, Russia Cannot Be Perceived by Wit

Near Mint

4 Cannonball Adderley Cannonball Takes Charge (Capitol), spinecut

5 Josephine Baker The Fabulous Josephine Baker (RCA Living Stereo), nearly entire album sung in French, hole in UPC

3 Art Blakey Holiday for Skins (BN Conn)

24 Donald Byrd & Doug Watkins The Transition Sessions (BN Conn) 2 CDs

11 Kenny Dorham, Curtis Fuller, Zoot Sims, etc. Jazz Committee for Latin American Affairs (EMI TOCJ-50166), obi included

5 Herb Ellis Meets Stan Getz, Eldridge, Art Pepper & Giuffre (Lonehill)

15 Paul Gonsalves & Ray Nance Just a-Sittin and a-Rockin (Black Lion)

7 Dexter Gordon Love for Sale (Steeplechase)

5 Grant Green Matador (BN)

18 Slide Hampton Drum Suite (Mosaic)

7 Stefon Harris & David Sanchez Ninety Miles (Concord Picante) CD + DVD, hole drilled in case

5 Coleman Hawkins The Hawk Relaxes (Moodville 2005 RVG remaster)

7 Andre Hodeir The Vogue Sessions (Vogue)

7 JATP Hartford, 1953 (Pablo)

10 Hank Jones & Tyree Glenn Quintet/Sextet Complete Recordings (Lonehill) 2 CDs

HOLD 6 Milt Jackson Invitation (OJC/Riverside)

20 Steve Lacy-Daniel Humair-Anthony Cox Work (Sketch)

4 Shelly Manne Plays Peter Gunn (OJC), spinecut

11 J.R. Monterose T.T.T. (Storyville)

5 Sonny Rollins Road Shows vol. 1 (Emarcy)

10 Sal Salvador Music to Stop Smoking By (EMI TOCJ-50196), obi included

4 Les Spann w/ Julius Watkins Gemini (OJC/Jazzland)

25 SF Jazz Collective 2nd Annual Concert Tour-Coltrane (2005) 2 CD limited edition No. 135 out of 3000

6 Orchestra Poly-Rythmo de Cottonou-Dahomey The 1st Album (Analog Africa)

8 Sorry Bamba Vol. 1 (Thrill Jockey)

7 Stokowski Conducts Bach, Tchaikovsky & Dvorak (9th Symphony) (Dutton)

Thanks for looking. Feel free to PM me with questions. I'll try to have a bunch more listed this weekend, a mix of rarities and gap fillers for your collection.

Edited by ejp626