best sites to sell vinyl???

BERIGAN

I've mentioned that recently gotten into vinyl after decades of not playing records...clearly there is some virus that you catch from merely touching records that makes you think that buying more records is really a great idea, when you already have quite a few, plus all those cds...but anywho...they are very cheap to buy these days, when you can find them. Plus, I HATE to see anything that is in pefectly good, useable condition ruined for no good reason.

One place I recently went into had records jammed into a 4 foot wide magazine rack. The former book store employee in me put many records back in their jackets, grouped them by artist, spread them out so they wouldn't get harmed when someone did try to take them out, etc :shrug[1]: As you can imagine, quite a few records were damaged(including a recently nice Julie London Columbia Record club exclusive disc that is now cracked in several places :angry: ) so...I know I can't save everything, (and some stuff clearly still exists in the 10's of millions-how many records did Lawrence Welk sell, anyway?)

but when records are 77 cents at goodwill (that store was asking $2.00 for records that would never make it onto anyone's player) this could be a win-win scenario. I can make some much needed moola, and I can save some music for someone else to enjoy.

So...very long story short...sites like Musicstack, Discogs...are they decent? Or are there better sites (besides ebay) to look into??????

Edited by BERIGAN

Selling used vinyl on line is very tricky, particularly if it's not "Mint". I rarely do it because the only safe way to grade them is by playing them. Otherwise, you run the risk that someone won't like the way your visually-graded "very good" sounds on his deck and you have to start issuing refunds.

BTW, the common stuff you find at Goodwill are a dime a dozen and it's doubtful that anyone is going to buy this stuff from you on line, especially if they're beat up.

Selling used vinyl on line is very tricky, particularly if it's not "Mint". I rarely do it because the only safe way to grade them is by playing them. Otherwise, you run the risk that someone won't like the way your visually-graded "very good" sounds on his deck and you have to start issuing refunds.

BTW, the common stuff you find at Goodwill are a dime a dozen and it's doubtful that anyone is going to buy this stuff from you on line, especially if they're beat up.

I guess it's into the dumpster for these 10 inch blue notes then. :shrug[1]:

Heh, thanks for the suggestions, and sorry...as Geraldine said, a long time again...the Devil made me do it! :blush:

Haven't found anything quite that nice, and Kevin is right, a lot of junk typically at thrift stores. I went into one store and almost didn't bother looking at their lp selection since they only had about 20 lps sitting on a shelf...glad I did since there were about a dozen Cannonball Adderley LPs, that were practically mint! :excited: If I had come in a week later, they would have no doubt been covered in scratches, outside of their jackets. That would have made me :(

So, even if 9 times out of 10, or 49 times out of 50 it's junk I find there, I'm going to make it a habit to check that store out every week or so.

People working at the stores aren't likely to know Lawrence Welk from Duke Ellington, and they will consider it all old junk....plus living on the southside of Atlanta area I don't think there were be much interest in what I do find...

Edited by BERIGAN