LF: André Hodeir: Bitter Ending

There is this one and one other James Joyce project, I haven't heard either. I'm sure the JJ lot will have this stuff I'll mail them...

Yes, the other one is Anna Livia Plurabelle, the hour long 1966 radio opera. Thanks for any leads re B.E. ...

I had been trying to dl this (Anna Livia Plurabelle) from Amazon for some time, and I finally bit the bullet and signed up to eMusic so I could legally dl up here in Canada. I wish I liked it more, but I find it really tiresome. I can't imagine listening to this more than a couple of times. In general, I really don't like vocal jazz; they leave me completely cold, including some of the real classics like Byrd's A New Perspective and Hill's Lift Every Voice. I might have been a bit better able to swallow this if the voices were Irish, but everything is spoke-sung with thick French accents. Just not feeling it...

There is this one and one other James Joyce project, I haven't heard either. I'm sure the JJ lot will have this stuff I'll mail them...

Yes, the other one is Anna Livia Plurabelle, the hour long 1966 radio opera. Thanks for any leads re B.E. ...

I had been trying to dl this (Anna Livia Plurabelle) from Amazon for some time, and I finally bit the bullet and signed up to eMusic so I could legally dl up here in Canada. I wish I liked it more, but I find it really tiresome. I can't imagine listening to this more than a couple of times. In general, I really don't like vocal jazz; they leave me completely cold, including some of the real classics like Byrd's A New Perspective and Hill's Lift Every Voice. I might have been a bit better able to swallow this if the voices were Irish, but everything is spoke-sung with thick French accents. Just not feeling it...

I have the Anna Livia Plurabelle LP, and don't listen to it often. But the last time I spun it, late at night, it got to me. It had never "connected" before that. Still not the Andre Hodeir album I'd take to a desert island.

I wish I liked it more, but I find it really tiresome. I can't imagine listening to this more than a couple of times. In general, I really don't like vocal jazz; they leave me completely cold, including some of the real classics like Byrd's A New Perspective and Hill's Lift Every Voice. I might have been a bit better able to swallow this if the voices were Irish, but everything is spoke-sung with thick French accents. Just not feeling it...

Me neither.

Still not the Andre Hodeir album I'd take to a desert island.

Me neither!