Ever see an old LP where the LP itself was sealed?

BERIGAN

I have an old Michel Legrand LP from Columbia. Jacket shows wear, but the round plastic sleeve...seems sealed! :blink: Kept thinking, oh, it's old, it's stuck to itself...but there is a tiny seem on the one straight part of the sleeve. Never seen that before. Dad said he had never seen that before. WTH????

That's the way Columbias used to come.

Ah, thanks! Perhaps Dad is a bit fuzzy on this. Chuck, what if anything protected the old 10 inch LPs? I never see a paper or plastic sleeve in those, or the really old 45's....

Columbia (and subsidiary labels Epic, Date, et al) were sold this way from approximately 1963 until 1968, the record sealed inside the plastic inner sleeve.

The only label that ever provided inner sleeves on 10-inch LP's that I can recall was Capitol. 7-inch EP's rarely had inner sleeves, but I've seen a few European EP's that came with inner sleeves.

That's the way Columbias used to come.

Ah, thanks! Perhaps Dad is a bit fuzzy on this. Chuck, what if anything protected the old 10 inch LPs? I never see a paper or plastic sleeve in those, or the really old 45's....

10" LP's in Australia were housed in plastic sleeves (well the few I have are)