Album Covers with Situationally Inappropriate Musical Instruments

BillF

It's a back cover but:

pink-floyd-umma-gumma-05.jpg

You can just see a Lightning screaming in to trash the lot.

For those too young to remember, this was a Lightning and they were LOUD!

LightningF2a.jpg

Given their ability to tear horizontally down a runway and then go almost immediately vertical, I suspect the Floyd were not back at Denmark Street the next day.

Edited by A Lark Ascending

It's a back cover but:

pink-floyd-umma-gumma-05.jpg

You can just see a Lightning screaming in to trash the lot.

For those too young to remember, this was a Lightning and they were LOUD!

LightningF2a.jpg

Given their ability to tear horizontally down a runway and then go almost immediately vertical, I suspect the Floyd were not back at Denmark Street the next day.

This lightning would do just as well:

the-lightning-field.gif

LightningF2a.jpg

One of BAE's finest ! (or should I say - good old English Electric). There was one operational requirement of that aircraft and that was to get up to 40,000 feet in the shortest time possible to intercept Russian Bears & Backfires etc.

Fuel consumption of those things was off-the-scale. Remember witnessing lots of sonic booms watching those on display at places like RAF Church Fenton.

Edited by sidewinder

One of BAE's finest ! (or should I say - good old English Electric). There was one operational requirement of that aircraft and that was to get up to 40,000 feet in the shortest time possible to intercept Russian Bears & Backfires etc.

Fuel consumption of those things was off-the-scale. Remember witnessing lots of sonic booms watching those on display at places like RAF Church Fenton.

Growing up on RAF bases, I saw many a take-off on Battle of Britain Day shows in September. The Lightning was the star of the show until the Harrier arrived to wow us. You could probably do all that from an iPad these days!

Edited by A Lark Ascending

And a big thank you to Ubu, who was listening to this

Fraenzlis_in_viadi.jpg

MG

Don't see what's so inappropriate there. Whenever I'm in Snowdonia there are people carrying harps along the side of the road, presumably heading for a rent party in a cottage up the mountain.

Double basses, too, no doubt. And in the rain :D

MG