Angry Old White Men

Oh, I think you could add in a fair amount of Country and Western fans as well.

True, and no surprise, but I'm not hooked into the C&W fan world.

Sadly, I am surrounded by it.

Why just old?

You're right.

Old people usually are.

Usually are what...old?

Just imagine the militant leftist atheist world in Bizzaro World, then make the incremental adjustments towards sanity to get a bigger picture.

About 12 years ago I went to San Antonio and went to the final day of the rodeo, where Loretta Lynn was the featured performer. It was just after Bush II was sworn in, and Loretta made some comment about how it was great that a real Christian conservative was in the White House and that other crook (or something to that effect) was gone. The entire audience went into wild applause. All the men except me were wearing cowboy hats and boots. I felt like standing up and saying, "Just one cotton pickin' minute, I'm a New York Jew leftist atheist and I take exception to that comment," but, alas, I kept my mouth shut and my body intact.

Just imagine the militant leftist atheist world in Bizzaro World, then make the incremental adjustments towards sanity to get a bigger picture.

About 12 years ago I went to San Antonio and went to the final day of the rodeo, where Loretta Lynn was the featured performer. It was just after Bush II was sworn in, and Loretta made some comment about how it was great that a real Christian conservative was in the White House and that other crook (or something to that effect) was gone. The entire audience went into wild applause. All the men except me were wearing cowboy hats and boots. I felt like standing up and saying, "Just one cotton pickin' minute, I'm a New York Jew leftist atheist and I take exception to that comment," but, alas, I kept my mouth shut and my body intact.

Probably a good thing to do around these parts, uh...pard'.

The Bushites are second only to Ray-gun in my little land o' enchantment.

LOL Pete! Now you know how people felt when the Dixie Chicks said on stage that they were ashamed to be from the same state as George W. Bush!

Just an observation, but a surprisingly large number seem to be jazz fans...

I'm working on it - the old part that is.

leftist atheist - I'm sure there are people in the world who 'aint - but they shouldn't listen to 'Jazz' - or Blues.

White Capitalist Pigs. And probably Chauvanists too.

Edited by freelancer

Pete: If you don't already get a copy of Randy Newman's Good Old Boys. It covers this ground with wit, balls, even tenderness at times. The first song starts with a character fuming: 'Last night on TV I saw Lester Maddox on the show of a NY Jew. The Jew was laughing at Lester. The audience was too'....