Jazz CD/Record Stores in NYC

Deep Groove

Thanks to the snow last night, all of my meetings today were cancelled, and my flight home was delayed until 7:35p. Bad news for my travel schedule...

GREAT NEWS FOR CD SHOPPING!!!

I hit Academy Records yesterday, but can anyone recommend a few places to hit the stacks (preferably in the vicinity of mid-town)?

Search the archives

I tried, but I can't get anything to come up. I've tried setting the bounds as "any time" and "any forum," using various iterations of: new york, nyc, jazz, store, stores, cd, lp, records...ad infinitum, but no luck.

If you don't have any recommendations, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what I'm doing wrong with my search.

Thanks.

There is a great jazz-only CD/LP/book store on one of the streets in the mid-20s near 8th. The have a lot of out of print stuff. I can't remember the name right now. Look in the NYC guidebooks.

I would bet you are thinking of the Jazz Record Center, 8th floor of 236 West 26th street.

There is a great jazz-only CD/LP/book store on one of the streets in the mid-20s near 8th.  The have a lot of out of print stuff.  I can't remember the name right now.  Look in the NYC guidebooks.

I would bet you are thinking of the Jazz Record Center, 8th floor of 236 West 26th street.

Yes, thanks Dan.

Thanks to all who recommended the Jazz Record Center; I just got back, and I cleaned up on vinyl! Among the great finds were:

Dexter Gordon "A Swinging Affair" BNLA $ 10

Jackie McLean "One Step Beyond" BNLA $ 8

Claire Fischer "Extensions" Pacific Jazz $ 15

Russ Freeman/Dick Twardzik Trio Pacific Jazz $ 20

Thanks for the tips Dan Gould, Dmitry, JohnL, and 7/4...