Rockbeat Records- excellent cd label

skeith

I have just listened to my second purchase from these guys - it's called "The Essential T-Bone Walker". My first Rockbeat purchase was BB King "Best of the Kent and RPM" sides.

Ok, these are compilations so they would not satisfy the completist, but what I marvel at is the sound quality - for recordings that were made in the 40s and 50s - these sound like they were made last week. I note that Michael Cuscuna is involved.

Edited by skeith

Where does it say that MC is involved?

It says is on the tray insert - the print is is bit hard to read, but It clearly says it. Do you have a copy?

No, I don't, I was just being curious. Could you post a scan of the insert? Thanks.

You don't trust me? Sorry I do not have a scanner... and am technologically challenged.

It says is on the tray insert - the print is is bit hard to read, but It clearly says it. Do you have a copy?

No, I don't, I was just being curious. Could you post a scan of the insert? Thanks.

You don't trust me? Sorry I do not have a scanner... and am technologically challenged.

Sheesh man, relax, of course I trust you, why shouldn't I? As I said I was just being (very) curious, that's all.

Sheesh man, relax, of course I trust you, why shouldn't I? As I said I was just being (very) curious, that's all.

I am quite relaxed. Your request for a scan seemed to indicate a certain disbelief or that's how it came across to me.

Can anyone else who is more technologically capable and owns this cd help us out here?

I think I'd just like to know what MC did in relation to this. Perhaps the tracks are all Mosaic's remasters from the T-Bone set or something.

MG

Checked their website and noticed that they're offering more Capitol/EMI-owned stuff. Maybe that's how MC is involved, but that's pure speculation. I really have no idea.