R.I.P. Werner Wunderlich (1926-2013)

German jazz journalist Werner Wunderlich died April 2nd, 2013. He was nationally and internatonally known for his work, especially as the successor of Joachim Ernst Berendt for the Südwestfunk Baden-Baden (later SWR) furthering intelligent jazz programmes & events (New Jazz Meeting Baden-Baden), organizer and initiator of live jazz (he ran the open air festival "Jazz im Palmengarten" in Frankfurt for 40 years) and much more.

I'm very sad to see him go.

R.I.P.

I have tons of fond memories of him, listened to his radio shows very often and saw him moderate the famous concert series in Frankfurt's botanic garden (which he organised and moderated for free, that's how dedicated he was). He was knowledgeable, tolerant, and never let his enthusiasm go overboard. A real gentleman behind the microphone. I already missed him when he retired several years ago. Local radio broadcast a nice obituary this afternoon.

i know him personal as the follower of "dr. jazz" dietrich schulz-köhn and his wdr (cologne) radio show "die rauhe rille" where listeners could wish jazz records from the big record archive of dr. jazz. there were anual meetings of fans of this radio-show with dr. jazz and one time with werner wunderlich when he was introduced as follower of schulz-köhn. those kind of radio shows are not anymore on the air...

r.i.p.

keep boppin´

marcel