DKV Trio Past Present (Not Two)

David Ayers

I don't think so. Pretty sure Jazz Loft still stocks them. I'd bet Squidco does too. I find they're often best to get from artists directly.

Just remembered Jazz Loft is running a 30% off sale on some Not Two titles until 8/24. Nothing that looks essential to me, however.

Tell you what, while we all p*ss and moan here about reissues drying up, legality and quality of PD, etc. etc., there are quite a few euro-labels just creating a torrent of new releases - Not Two, No Business, Trost, Smalltown Supersound, Jazzwerkstatt, Clean Feed... Hell, there's no END to it...

I love it that some of these are so fugitive as well - buy it when you see it, otherwise...

I'm a fan of the above set. 3 or 4 of the shows are great - 2 or 3 are OK and there is one clunker

just odd that the poorest show (I think one of the 2010 shows) was included. I'll post when I get to it more details

the 2008 show with the Don Cherry tunes is wonderful and the 2009 show is spectacular

the last 2 shows are very good from 2011

plus as per usual with Not Two from my brief and limited experience, the sound quality is exemplary

BTW I read someplace that NotTwo no longer has a U.S. distributor.

Anyone know if that's true?

I read that too. Jazz Loft mentioned that in a recent e-mail.

Not U.S. but this is who I use for them in general no matter if in, or out of the U.S. (since they end up being cheaper) and Steve can confirm no problems with his order from them. Get the DKV boxset (which is the same price as Jazzloft) and one, or two others and you get free insured shipping.

DMG has the DKV for $105, but add in shipping....

You're not going to find the Barry Guy Mad Dogs @ a cheaper price.

http://www.productsfrompoland.com/servlet/the-Music--fdsh--NotTwo-Records/Categories

Our shipping charges are in US dollars ($) and are the same for all customers worldwide.

If your total order is:

-less then $25.00 your standard shipping charge will be $3.95 ($13.95 for expedited shipping)

- between $25.00 and $50.00 your standard shipping charge will be $6.95 ($13.95 for expedited shipping)

- between $50.00 and $100.00 your standard shipping charge will be $9.95 ($29.95 for expedited shipping)

- between $100.00 and $150.00 your standard shipping charge will be $14.95 ($39.95 for expedited shipping)

- more then$150.00 your standard shipping charge will be FREE ($39.95 for expedited shipping)

All shipments are insured, we use registered mail for shipment from Poland and provide on-line tracking information.

Edited by Blue Train