Jeremy Steig - Flute Fever

JazzLover451

Received this CD today ordered from importcds. What a beautiful reissue (sleeve made in Japan). Unbelievable. And what a price ($13.50)! I went ahead and ordered the other 3 cds from these series: Bill Dixon, Clare Fisher and Carter/Bradford.

Don't forget to get the Hemphill, Dogon A.D., before it goes out of print.

International Phonograph links to this internet store which has twenty copies left.

I am panicked now... That store asks for 36$ to ship it to EU. However, I could choose a US address of a relative to save these s/h costs, but as a reminder of the old days, they want the billing address of the credit card to be the same as the shipping address... Any ideas?

Edited by Alexandros

Received this CD today ordered from importcds. What a beautiful reissue (sleeve made in Japan). Unbelievable. And what a price ($13.50)! I went ahead and ordered the other 3 cds from these series: Bill Dixon, Clare Fisher and Carter/Bradford.

International Phonograph links to this internet store which has twenty copies left.

I am panicked now... That store asks for 36$ to ship it to EU. However, I could choose a US address of a relative to save these s/h costs, but as a reminder of the old days, they want the billing address of the credit card to be the same as the shipping address... Any ideas?

The same store also has 5 copies listed on ebay, shipping $13.85 to the EU.

Edited by erwbol

... and 2 at amazon.com. I am going from there. Many thanks for the alarm and the advise.

Alex

... and 2 at amazon.com. I am going from there. Many thanks for the alarm and the advise.

Alex

And cd received by my relative in Atlanta, GA who will bring it to me in Athens in about one month via France... This is just a small indication how the Internet and the digital technology (...and the strong Euro) benefited music lovers/collectors living in the "periphery"... Magic!

Edited by Alexandros

• 2 weeks later...

I got this reissue based on the praise for this album in another thread and my experience from Jonathan's previous reissue of Clare Fischer's 'Extension'. The overall quality of the reissue regarding sound and gatefold sleeve matches the best that has ever come out from Japan. It's hard to believe that this was recorded more than 50 years ago!

As for the music it's by far the best I've ever heard from Steig and it's progressive within the boundaries of standards based jazz in a way that few other dates I've heard are. Discouraging as it may seem, I find Zeitlin's first recording to be one of his best. While there's something pre-conceived and scholarly to his "free" playing, he comes up with some terrific voicings that sound very forward-looking. Recommended listening!

I got this reissue based on the praise for this album in another thread and my experience from Jonathan's previous reissue of Clare Fischer's 'Extension'. The overall quality of the reissue regarding sound and gatefold sleeve matches the best that has ever come out from Japan. It's hard to believe that this was recorded more than 50 years ago!

As for the music it's by far the best I've ever heard from Steig and it's progressive within the boundaries of standards based jazz in a way that few other dates I've heard are. Discouraging as it may seem, I find Zeitlin's first recording to be one of his best. While there's something pre-conceived and scholarly to his "free" playing, he comes up with some terrific voicings that sound very forward-looking. Recommended listening!

I fully concur. Having a lot of Steig records, I can also say that this one is his best and by far.

NB: the perect mini-lp sleeve is actually "made in Japan" per the sleeve notes.