Amazon UK cancels Free Super Saver Delivery to mainland EU

I've just received an email from Amazon.co.uk stating that from 3 April Free Super Saver Delivery to The Netherlands is no longer available. Could Amazon.de be far behind?

How about people from other EU countries? Did you receive notice that Free Super Saver Delivery from Amazon.de, for example, is no longer available to your country of residence?

------------

As you've previously had orders delivered to The Netherlands, we wanted to let you know that our delivery options to The Netherlands are changing. From April 3, 2014, FREE Super Saver Delivery will no longer be available. You'll have the option of Standard or Priority Delivery for orders being delivered to The Netherlands.

More information about international delivery rates and times can be found
here.

We strive to provide our European customers the greatest possible selection at low prices and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Edited by erwbol

I've just received an email from Amazon.co.uk stating that from 3 April Free Super Saver Delivery to The Netherlands is no longer available. Could Amazon.de be far behind?

How about people from other EU countries? Did you receive notice that Free Super Saver Delivery from Amazon.de, for example, is no longer available to your country of residence?

------------

As you've previously had orders delivered to The Netherlands, we wanted to let you know that our delivery options to The Netherlands are changing. From April 3, 2014, FREE Super Saver Delivery will no longer be available. You'll have the option of Standard or Priority Delivery for orders being delivered to The Netherlands.

More information about international delivery rates and times can be found here.

We strive to provide our European customers the greatest possible selection at low prices and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Of course and welcome. Free shipping from Amazon.UK to Greece is cancelled since last year.

Edited by Alexandros

I don't touch Amazon these days, I get all my needs from the outer reaches of ebay!

I mainly order CDs from third party sellers like All Your Music when using Amazon UK. Books are a different matter. And this also affects pre-orders like the recent Miles Fillmore set, Amazon UK would no longer be cheaper than DE.

I don't recall any of the amazons (other than UK) offering free delivery to the UK !!!

I believe it is/was mostly to neighbouring countries. So for The Netherlands both Amazon UK & DE.

I don't recall any of the amazons (other than UK) offering free delivery to the UK !!!

I believe it is/was mostly to neighbouring countries. So for The Netherlands both Amazon UK & DE.

Since when has the UK been a "neighbour" of the Netherlands?........ :unsure:

Since when has the UK been a "neighbour" of the Netherlands?........ :unsure:

Oh, I forgot. For Brits the North Sea equals the Pacific in size, while New York is only an overnight ferry crossing away.