Sadik Hakim Trio - Witches, Goblins, Etc. (Steeplechase)

soulpope

I just listened to Hakim's Memories, a solo LP, last night. I enjoyed it and recommend it. I'll have to try and get to Witches, etc. sometime soon. I have good memories, but it's been a little while.

Thank you for the feedback, actually based on your posting of "Memories" I`ve stumbled over his Steeplechase release......when ever you have a chance listening to it, pls drop a line reg your "refreshed" impressions.....

It's been a while since I've played it ... guess it falls into the "good not great" category. But as there isn't exactly a lot of Hakim, I'd say it's worth it!

My opinion is exactly the same as Ubu. Am away from home on vacation so can 't play my copy, but my recollection is just as he said, "good not great".

Listened today. I'll have to echo Ubu's opinion - good, not great - and, as he says, there's not much Sadik Hakim out there. Hakim wrote some good tunes that are on the album, and imo the date would have been better if Al Foster had been replaced with a drummer with more drive.

I wouldn't give it a definite :tup , nor would I give it a definite :tdown . Your call - which is as it should be. How's that for being wishy washy? :)

Edited by paul secor

Listened today. I'll have to echo Ubu's opinion - good, not great - and, as he says, there's not much Sadik Hakim out there. Hakim wrote some good tunes that are on the album, and imo the date would have been better if Al Foster had been replaced with a drummer with more drive.

I wouldn't give it a definite :tup , nor would I give it a definite :tdown . Your call - which is as it should be. How's that for being wishy washy? :)

Thnx for your efforts reg. re-evaluating - so to stay with your,Ubu`s and Peter`s assesments it will neither become part of my "out-list" nor will skyrocket on my "wants-list".......as I do love quality piano trio recordings, there is a chance one day (probably on a dark autumn or winter day.....) it will "land" in my shopping basket though :) ....

Edited by soulpope