2014-2015 NBA

I don't follow pro basketball, but I see that this week's power rankings are out, and I am very surprised by two things...

1) The Warriors are ranked as the best team in the league.

2) The Lakers are ranked next to last.

Does this seem right to those of you who follow the NBA?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-power-rankings-warriors-continue-to-lead-the-pack/ar-BBeiHRA?ocid=ansSBNation11

Edited by GA Russell

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifelong Warriors fan. The Dubs are starting to reach their potential, it seems, and largely without David Lee, who was a 20-and-10 machine for us last year. When he recovers from his hammie, we could be that much more dangerous (assuming they can integrate him into the system that's currently humming along).

We beat the Rockets in Houston, so I can see why we're ranked above them despite their better overall record. We don't play Memphis for another month, so we'll see how both teams do until that meeting.

It's a long season, and remaining healthy is increasingly crucial in the NBA.

Oh, and all roads still lead through San Antonio, who already beat us in our house.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow missed this thread when it was created.

watching NBA games is what I do most evenings.

For a couple of years now I have rooted for 4 teams in each conference, teams I liked best to watch at the time. As things change I stuck to it. But I have thought to replace the Celtics after the big three broke up and Rivers left.They still have Rondo a favorite of mine but don't seem to be moving in any direction to make them more interesting. Maybe I will soon jump on the Milwaukee bandwagon

West: Memphis, Warriers, Portland and OKC. They are all in the mix for contenders maybe with the exception of OKC who now have to embark on catching up for their bad start.

East: Miami, Bulls, Knicks and Boston. Knicks presently suck but I am no fairweather fan.

Looking forward to watch ng Toronto in Sacramento tonite.

oh and Kobe still kicks ass.

The Knicks somehow manage to play the Cavs very well. I thought they would win their second against the Cavs last night (and only fifth overall). The Cavaliers did manage to squeak by and win in the end.

Cavs won't win many games when they score 90, but I doubt they will have many more games where they score only 90.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Knicks (yes, believe it or not, there is a basketball team by that name) have checked out for the season. They are 5-37 or something absurd. What's amazing to consider is that they started out 3-2. They have lost 35 out of 37. That's amazing; even a squirrel will find an acorn once in awhile :bad:

• 4 weeks later...

I am about to drop the Knicks from the list of teams I am rooting for. I like to watch games and pick my favorties on how the team or individuals play and have little interest in organisational stuff. But if it turns out that Dolan indeed wrote the a-holic email that has become public he joins Gilbert as owner of teams I can no longer root for.

sorry carmelo, you deserve better.

Edited by uli

Bucks now 7 games above .500. First time in many years.

they are impressive especially considering the early out of Jabari Parker.who had played well. they haven't shown them much on National tv but seem to have quite some young talents with brandon knight giannis antetokoumnpo in addition to parker,

Nice one game nba thursday with Cavs@bulls.

Edited by uli

The Knicks winning % should be taken off Phil Jackson's coaching record tab

He is still the Zenmaster

Phil Jackson @PhilJackson11 · 18h 18 hours ago

Today's game vs Cavs gave bb gods heartburn and those that know what "it" takes/means a smh.

0 replies 1,474 retweets 1,126 favorites

Reply Retweet1.5K Favorite1.1K

Phil Jackson @PhilJackson11 · 18h 18 hours ago

Each NBA game is an opportunity for players to show their "best" nature and please the basketball gods...and those who know what

"It"takes.