Any clarinet players?

Hardbopjazz

Clarinet player and former public school band director chiming in here....

Is this for you, or a young student, or what?

If it has been maintained and refurbished, as the ad says, it's a good offer. Bundy is a student model clarinet - just fine for a youngster starting out. If you're taking up clarinet in any kind of serious way, you might want something better.

In terms of condition, all you can really tell from the pictures is that the tenon corks look to be in good shape. But that's a good sign that maybe it has indeed been maintained well.

You can find cheaper student clarinets, but they're usually in rough condition or are very cheaply made. A used Bundy in good condition will be better than most student model clarinets. If the seller will let you have a trial period to have it checked out (say, by the music teacher if it's for a child), it's well worth pursuing.

My kid wants to learn. I don't want to spend $$$ unless she stickes with it.

Clarinet player and former public school band director chiming in here....

Is this for you, or a young student, or what?

If it has been maintained and refurbished, as the ad says, it's a good offer. Bundy is a student model clarinet - just fine for a youngster starting out. If you're taking up clarinet in any kind of serious way, you might want something better.

In terms of condition, all you can really tell from the pictures is that the tenon corks look to be in good shape. But that's a good sign that maybe it has indeed been maintained well.

You can find cheaper student clarinets, but they're usually in rough condition or are very cheaply made. A used Bundy in good condition will be better than most student model clarinets. If the seller will let you have a trial period to have it checked out (say, by the music teacher if it's for a child), it's well worth pursuing.

This sounds like a good bet then.

Same thing, I have a decent starter flute for $100 that my daughter is learning on. If she ever gets serious, then we can upgrade. (I should add it was bought used for $100 in 1986 (for me) -- no idea what it would run today.)

Edited by ejp626