Ella Fitzgerald Live At Chautauqua

AaronG

Mosaic is currently selling this release from Dot Time Records.  I added it to my order with the Nelson set during the recent small sale.

This a bootleg recording, complete with muffled sound, booming bass, fluctuating vocals, and dropouts.  The packaging is skimpy, to put it generously.  Liner notes are credited to Scott Wenzel, but you have to download them.  The inside cover contains just a summary.  The performance is interesting, but I have a hard time believing this is a legitimate release.  If so, it's unfortunate.

I'd avoid this release and this label.  It can't be a good sign that Mosaic is selling this sort of stuff.

Aaron

I can see your concern, but my guess is that this release does kick back a few dollars to the estate and thus becomes "official." I don't see Mosaic offering it otherwise. Maybe I'm wrong.

Here's a page from the label about the release:

http://dottimerecords.mfmmedia.nl/new-releases/dot-time-records-launches-legends-series/