What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

StarThrower

• Replies 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• Referentzhunter

• HutchFan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, soulpope said:

@ referentzhunter :Available both as Bruckner box or individual CD`s via discogs .... decent obviously depending on your price sensitivity too ...

Thank you, don't knew there was a box for a decent price. The fifth will cost you on amazon.de for a as new to new between 25-40 euro. That was my reference. Still don't know what to think about his approach but maybe i will have a try some day now.

Edited by Referentzhunter

32 minutes ago, Referentzhunter said:

Thank you, don't knew there was a box for a decent price. The fifth will cost you on amazon.de for a as new to new between 25-40 euro. That was my reference. Still don't know what to think about his approach but maybe i will have a try some day now.

Understood ....

Listening to Schmitt's "La Tragedie de Salome" from this set:

71-FyRl3XHL._SX522_.jpg

Heard a performance by the Buffalo Philharmonic/JoAnn Falletta last night and a theme/modulation was driving me nuts - I knew it from somewhere else. I lost sleep last night and today it suddenly dawned on me. The work I was thinking of was "The Planets - Venus". AND the last BPO concert I attended included "The Planets". I felt so stupid.

FWIW, it seems the Schmitt was composed in 1907/rev 1910 and the Holst in 1916. Dang.