LF Ornette Coleman - At the Golden Circle, Volume 2 - TOCJ-4225

Not that it addresses what you're looking for, but I am wondering if you have or have heard the RVG CD version of this recording? I think it's one of the better sounding RVG CDs and it has 3 alternate takes. If you just want the music and not that particular CD, you should be able to pick this up cheap.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Have you looked at CD Japan? They list it as no longer in stock but do offer a proxy service where they try to find it for you. I found a cd that I really wanted that way once. 

I'd totally forgotten about that service, which I've never used, but I've always had great service from CDJapan - so it doesn't surprise me that they'd have something like that.

Once they've found one, do you know if they quote you a price before you're committed to purchasing something they've found for you?  -OR- do you have to state a price you'd be willing to pay up to (up front), but then your committed when they find one?  (Surely the former, and hopefully not the latter.)

I've never tried that, but it sounds like something I should remember/consider for a small number of titles that have eluded me for eons.

2 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Not that it addresses what you're looking for, but I am wondering if you have or have heard the RVG CD version of this recording? I think it's one of the better sounding RVG CDs and it has 3 alternate takes. If you just want the music and not that particular CD, you should be able to pick this up cheap.

I offered him that one. He already has it. Wants the Japanese issue.

Thanks for the input folks; and thanks to Larry for the offer. Yes, I am specifically looking for the BN Works TOCJ and already have the RVG (and agree that it's pretty good). Just trying to fill some gaps in the Works collection. I have never used the proxy solution with CD Japan but I will take a look at that later tonight.