Elbow Ligament Damage Symptoms/Severity?

So on Thanksgiving when our guests arrived, King was allowed to be out and was a little out of control with elderly Aunt Judy and Uncle Bill. If we got him off of one, he went for the other.  I made the mistake of trying to stop him by sticking my arm out but only got his chest in my palm, not inside my elbow where my shoulder and back might have been engaged. Instead his 70 pounds went thru my arm and the fulcrum was my elbow, which is now clearly strained.

The question is how badly and I am wondering if anyone has experience in these matters.  Such as, if a tendon were torn, what would the symptoms be?

If I am pained but have 90% range of motion, probably no biggie?  I found out this morning 8 cups of coffee was uncomfortably heavy in the carafe.  On the other hand I offloaded hay using both hands but I wasn't trying to press it or anything ... shampooing, not so good.  When the pain engages, its probably a 3 on the traditional scale.

As always, thanks in advance!