Jerry Lawson (January 23, 1944 - July 10, 2019)

soulpope

jerry-lawson-press-2015-billboard-650-1-

Jerry Lawson, the original lead singer of The Persuasion left us for good peacefully as of July 10th, 2019 .... a superb singer and very kind person indeed will be missed dearly .... hope that this sad fact will ignite a near time reissue of these fabulous Persuasions albums - too long out of print - and give a chance to new listeners to appreciate the groundbreaking art of this group .... R.I.P ...

I suppose nowadays you could just record every voice on a separate tack, maybe even in different studios in different cities in different months, and then cut and paste it all together to get the "same" result.  I have a hunch these guys did it the old school way,, though.

6 minutes ago, duaneiac said:

I suppose nowadays you could just record every voice on a separate tack, maybe even in different studios in different cities in different months, and then cut and paste it all together to get the "same" result.  I have a hunch these guys did it the old school way,, though.

:D .... wonderful voices and uncompromising artists ....