The Shape Of Ornette To Come

mjazzg

I like the dancing a lot. And DJ Paypal is the best name yet in this still new millennium!

As for the music, I'm an old guy, getting older, so I don't immediately lock into it. But I do, and once I do, it works for me really well. The systemic syncopations does not hide itself, they just go buy so fast that it takes my brain a few seconds (or more) to find them.

And I wonder why live players aren't thinking in these terms. Is it because it's not possible, or because there's a resistance, or maybe an animosity, or just what? But this type of thing keeps happening, and it is a totally human thing. The DJs making this are making the machines do their bidding. So I would think that live players who are living in today would be paying attention. I see signs that they are, but it's still a trailing indicator.

And ok, maybe it's time to think of DJs/Etc as "live players". If they can do a set of it and keep it both real and fresh, hey, that will work for me.

It's got a good beat and you can dance to it. I'll give it a 93, Dick.

Oh MY!

Planet Mu • Jana Rush

Jana Rush

By day Jana Rush works as a chemical engineer at an oil refinery and at night she works as a Cat Scan Technologist assisting doctors in pathology detection using CT scans. Jana also has a background as a paramedic/firefighter. 

Chicago born and raised, Jana started DJing at the tender age of ten and started producing just three years later. She is influenced by Robert Armani, Lester Fitzpatrick, Cajmere, DJ Milton and DJ Deeon, the latter of whom she released with on Dance Mania in 1996 as “DJ Deeon Presents The Youngest Female DJ”. 

Whilst DJing in the early 90s at WKKC Jana gained friendship with DJ Rashad, Gant-Man and Nehpets and has been a regular at juke and footwork events in Chicago. 

Planet Mu got more artists than Columbia LOL!!!!

Planet Mu • Artists