Nina Simone - The Phillips Years

Hi.. I'm trying to find one of two things. Either the best box set of Nina Simone or some good live CDs. I came across a few versions/references to the Phillips Years set. One seems to be a 7CD set from Verve in 2016 and the other a 4CD set from 2003 Four Women. Which is the better set? What's the difference? Sound qualities?

thanks.

48 minutes ago, tranemonk said:

Hi.. I'm trying to find one of two things. Either the best box set of Nina Simone or some good live CDs. I came across a few versions/references to the Phillips Years set. One seems to be a 7CD set from Verve in 2016 and the other a 4CD set from 2003 Four Women. Which is the better set? What's the difference? Sound qualities?

thanks.

Can't tell you about the 7-CD set, but I have "Four Women" and am very happy with it.  This is my favorite Nina Simone period, overall.

One very minor quibble. As there are 7 albums but 4 CDs, I wish they would have put the live album on its own CD and split the 6 studio albums over 3 CDs.  

I think the 2016 set uses the same 7 albums, but places each one on its own CD.