What music did you buy today?

tonym

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another questionable online purchase: The Complete Emarcy Recordings of Clifford Brown Box Set. Questionable b/c of the price... $76 shipped. Stock photo, no "real" pics of the actual box for sale. Guess I'll find out when it arrives.

I've been looking for this for years and actually passed on a used copy at the Atlanta Tower a few years back.

Little shopping trip to Cardiff today and dropped into Spillers.

41t-Xfby3YL._SS400_.jpg

I've been wanting a collection of early Professor Longhair and this 2CD set was pretty cheap, so I said to myself, "this'll do", but reading the sleeve notes on the bus home, maybe it won't.

51hEbM6pOhL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Got this one on now. This is wonderful! Perhaps she's not quite the Boogie Woogie Queen that Camille Howard (with Roy Milton & his Solid Senders) was, but she's mighty fine. Glad I got this one. Really glad!

MG

Ordered the Cy Touff and Bill Perkins titles from the West Coast Classics series today. We'll see if they actually show up...

Both well worth waiting for! :tup

Agree. Both are terrific dates. I hope they come through for you!

Lookin' good so far. Both orders acknowledged and one seller even sent a shipment notification. Should know soon!

Got "Dedication!" by Duke Pearson in the mail yesterday. :tup

Hope you like it! I bought it recently after hearing it for the first time on a free music site, last.fm IIRC.

I think it may have been your recommendation that inspired me to buy it. And I do like it a lot! Thanks. :tup

Got "Dedication!" by Duke Pearson in the mail yesterday. :tup

Hope you like it! I bought it recently after hearing it for the first time on a free music site, last.fm IIRC.

I think it may have been your recommendation that inspired me to buy it. And I do like it a lot! Thanks. :tup

The young Hubbard, as always, is brilliant, isn't he? And the undiscovered trombonist Willie Wilson certainly should have been heard more.

Some unexpected good (and inexpensive) finds at my local used CD store:

Oliver Lake Quintet - Expandable Language (Black Saint)

Count Basie and his Orchestra - April in Paris (Verve Master Edition)

Ornette Coleman - Tomorrow is the Question (OJC)

Lee Morgan - Caramba (Blue Note)

Edited by Uncle Skid