Fats Waller & Rhythm on vinyl?

Bol

French RCA issued a complete 34-43 series on 24 LP's. Bluebird issued a number of 2 LP sets covering the same material. But I don't know if they went all the way to vol. 12. Discogs only listes 3. 

Edited by miles65
typo

On 1/1/2024 at 11:05 PM, miles65 said:

French RCA issued a complete 34-43 series on 24 LP's. Bluebird issued a number of 2 LP sets covering the same material. But I don't know if they went all the way to vol. 12. Discogs only listes 3. 

Careful ... There seems to be more than that. What French RCA reissued (in their Black & White single-LP series released prior to their Black & White twofer series) was made up of the 24 LPs of his "Complete Recordings" that you mention but it appears that these were COMPLEMENTARY to TWO 5-LP box sets (Fats Waller Memorial Vol. 1 and Vol. 2).  I have never done a track-by-track comparison between all these LPs but the fine print on the individual LPs says: "Fats' Complete Works will not include the same tracks as the ones on the two sets 730.570/574 and 731.054/058."

For those who can do with a smaller helping there also was a 4-LP set "Fats Waller & His Rhythm - The Last Years 1940-1943" on RCA NL90411. This set roughly duplicates Vols. 19 to 23 of the individual B&W LPs (minus certain alternates).

I cannot recall having ever seen any Bluebird twofers on Fats Waller (though these 60s Bluebirds invariably caught - and still catch - my attention) so they cannot have covered his entire output.

• 2 weeks later...