The Telethon Begins - Presale for Louis Armstrong's America

Available for Presale

Louis Armstrong's America will be available in August, but I am offering a deep pre-sale discount to help with the financing of the project.

Louis Armstrong's America is meant to evoke, with original music, the musical eras that Louis Armstrong lived through, from ragtime to early jazz, swing, bebop, the jazz avant garde, Dada and rock and roll.

We are going to release 4 cds total, on ESP DISK, in two separate 2-CD  packages. It will be real CDs, and each two-cd set (Volumes 1 and 2) will be available at an advanced price of $15 each – or, if you can, both double-cd sets for $25 (plus $5 for media shipping). So if you order one it is $20 with shipping, and if you order both it is $30 with shipping.  The best way is to order through Paypal (my address is allenlowe5@gmail.com) but I can also accept Venmo or Zelle, or you can mail me a check. Just let me know.

Participants in the recordings include:

Marc Ribot, Ray Anderson, Frank Lacy, Lewis Porter, Aaron Johnson, Elijah Schiffer, Matt Shipp, Ursula Oppens....and more.  There may also be some older cuts mixed in with Doc Cheatham, David Murray, and Julius Hemphill; and possibly Roswell Rudd (still working on some of this) -

thanks, and please order as soon as you can.

me and ronald smaller.jpg

Edited by AllenLowe