Treme - David Simon TV Series about Post-Katrina New Orleans

I have gotten to be friends with forum member @Stonewall15. He and I are both fans of David Simon's work, including The Wire.  Recently, Ms. TTK and I binged another David Simon series, Treme, about Post-Katrina New Orleans.

I found many aspects of this show to be incredibly moving, especially the segments involving the brass bands and Black Masking Indians.  Clarke Peters (Albert "Big Chief" Lambreaux) and Wendell Pierce (Antoine Batiste), both of whom were also in The Wire, were fantastic.

The ending of this show, from my perspective, was more feel-good than that of The Wire, but New Orleans needed all the feel-good it could get at that time.

Curious if there are other fans of the show.  

I watched and enjoyed the first season, have the other two, will have to get around to watching them sometime soon.

Currently enjoying Pierce in "Elsbeth."

Edited by jazzbo

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I watched and enjoyed the first season, have the other two, will have to get around to watching them sometime soon.

Currently enjoying Pierce in "Elsbeth."

I've always said they should make a Monk biopic. with Pierce playing Monk.

BTW, Elsbeth is an excellent show.

43 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

I've always said they should make a Monk biopic. with Pierce playing Monk.

BTW, Elsbeth is an excellent show.

I can imagine Pierce as Cannonball.  Can't you hear him saying, "This next tune has a kinda Latin rhythm we call the bossa nova.  Well, it's not really a bossa nova, but we think you'll dig this."