my Mosaic order

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get together and bring wesbed to the bandstand with a great big round of applause here, how about a big hand here for wesbed!

Wait, wait... wait.

There are a couple of other users of this board, which I've traded emails with, who have purchased more Mosaics than I. ^_^

Finally got my Teddy Wilson today. A Day Late! Damnit, DHL should know better than to take their sweet ass time with people's Mosaic Boxes! :rmad: I was tempted to strangle the delivery person, ok time to calm down and listen to Teddy :rhappy:

Just starting disc 1, I wasn't really sure what to expect but is sounding pretty good.

Finally got my Teddy Wilson today.  A Day Late!  Damnit, DHL should know better than to take their sweet ass time with people's Mosaic Boxes!

Don't tell me things such as this.

I keep checking the DHL website. It hasn't been updated since DHL received my package from Mosaic on 6/30/04. Today is 7/2/04 and... no updates from DHL. I wonder if my package has left from Stamford? :huh:

Feck.

Don't tell me things such as this.

As Carly Simon sang, well sort of..

We can never know about the Mosaic boxes to come

But we think about them anyway, yay

And I wonder if I'm really ever goin to receive it now

Or just chasin' after some finer day when DHL decides to deliver

An..tic..i..pation, an..tic..i..pation

Is makin' me late

Is keepin' me waitin'

It's Friday night. Something tells me that DHL won't be delivering my Mosaic box after 8:30PM. Although, the DHL website says the package should have been delivered today (7/2/04). The only detail on the DHL site says that, as of 6/30/04, the package was 'picked up by DHL.'

Okay, so where is the package now? I'll have to give them a call. This will be the second time that Airborne/DHL has failed to deliver. The first time I had an issue with their delivery service, Mosaic called me and said that Airborne had reported the package 'stolen.' Yeah, stolen by Airborne Express, in my opinon.

I wonder why Mosaic is so interested in using the service provided by Airborne/DHL?

It's Friday night. Something tells me that DHL won't be delivering my Mosaic box after 8:30PM. Although, the DHL website says the package should have been delivered today (7/2/04).

Here I am, whining about today's missing-in-action Mosaic box. Yet, I have four un-opened, brand new, RVGs laying here, next to my computer.

What's my problem?

Do I desire too much?

Okay, so where is the package now?

I feel your pain! I had planned on leaving work at noon today (Fri). My package was supposed to arrive on Thursday so I figured taking off early on Friday would be no problem (had package shipped to work). I called DHL this morning asking where it's at. They said, we appologize...it should have been delivered yesterday but it's out for delivery today. Well if it's late, don't you think it should be the first to be delivered the next day? I ended up pacing the floor cussing and swearing till 4:30pm today when the package finally showed up!

Damn you DHL! :rmad::rmad:

Oh well, I now have the package and am enjoying Teddy.

The Mosaic shipment, paid for by Mosaic, but charged to me... is, according to the DHL website, a 2nd Day delivery. Being that the package was not delivered on the second day... I wonder if I could get some money returned to me since the service I paid for I didn't get? Or, would this be Mosaic's battle since Mosaic is the source of the payment to DHL?

I contacted DHL on Saturday (7/3/04). The girl answering the telephone was nice.

She said the package had already been delivered. When I noted that my package wasn't delivered to me and the Airborne web page agreed with me, she said, "Oh, you're right, but it has been picked up from the shipper." She said she'd 'add a note' to the order to 'let them know.'

However, the girl answering the telephone was nice. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

How many does that make now. You must be getting up there. And, then, of course, there's always the oop ones on ebay.

I believe, with the two Mosaics on order, I have a total of twenty Mosaic Complete sets.

I don't purchase the OOP sets. If I can't purchase a set directly from Mosaic, I don't make the purchase. The eBay prices are too high for me. I find it difficult to trust the potential condition of the Mosaic boxes/CDs from eBay.

How many does that make now.  You must be getting up there.  And, then, of course, there's always the oop ones on ebay.

I believe, with the two Mosaics on order, I have a total of twenty Mosaic Complete sets.

I don't purchase the OOP sets. If I can't purchase a set directly from Mosaic, I don't make the purchase. The eBay prices are too high for me. I find it difficult to trust the potential condition of the Mosaic boxes/CDs from eBay.

I definitely understand your concern. (But) I have purchased anywhere from 15-20 used sets on eBay and have never had a problem. As long as the seller has a history of good feedback I usually take the plunge.

I'm not trying to convince you but in my experience it has been very rare (maybe two or three times in 5 years) where I have been sold things that didn't match their item descriptions or were so close that it didn't really matter to me (I usually email the seller with specific questions on things like Mosiac sets and other relatively expensive things just to clarify condition). OOP print Mosaics tend to go for too high of a price on eBay anyway.

I'm not trying to convince you but in my experience it has been very rare (maybe two or three times in 5 years) where I have been sold things that didn't match their item descriptions or were so close that it didn't really matter to me (I usually email the seller with specific questions on things like Mosiac sets and other relatively expensive things just to clarify condition). OOP print Mosaics tend to go for too high of a price on eBay anyway.

I believe you are most probably correct. I do believe eBay works (otherwise it wouldn't have grown to what it's grown to).

However, the eBay/Mosaic combination just doesn't rest easy on my mind. Mainly due to the inflated prices. The good thing, though, for the seller, is that eBay sets and keeps the prices of Mosaic collections fairly high in the secondary market.

• 4 weeks later...

My first Mosaic purchase in a long time! These will be my 6th and 7th box sets, and my 7th Select. I'm so happy!!! :)

Purchase Information:

Artist Title Price Qty Total

221-MD-CD Mulligan Concert Band (NO.221) $68.00 1 $68.00

201-MD-CD Mercury Max Roach (7 CDs) $112.00 1 $112.00

MS-012 Mosaic Select: Dave Liebman and Richie Beirach (MS-012) $39.00 1 $39.00

Cart Total $219.00

Discount - $0.00

SubTotal $219.00

Tax $0.00

Shipping $14.00

TOTAL $233.00

• 3 weeks later...

Confession time ,I have been a very naughty boy and so far my significant other has not threatened divorce- :w

Just won on auction:Ellington complete Capitol

Basie, complete live on Roulette

Kenton, complete Holman and Russo

Mingus complete Candid

Shearing complete live Capitol

Master Jazz piano

First time luck, have never bid in an auction before and am not even contemplating doing so on E-Bay.

Soooooooooo, a little parlour game- what should I listen to first? Am new to all of this material except Mingus.