Lino22 Posted April 12 Posted April 12 My guess between the 2 Mosaic box set most of them are overlapped. The Jasmine appears to have a few more of the small group sessions. But, without a doubt the sound quality on the Mosaics is no contest hands downs way superior. I would hardly count the Jasmine as really having the V-Disc recordings anymore. Quote
Fred Posted April 12 Posted April 12 1 hour ago, Lino22 said: My guess between the 2 Mosaic box set most of them are overlapped. The Jasmine appears to have a few more of the small group sessions. But, without a doubt the sound quality on the Mosaics is no contest hands downs way superior. I would hardly count the Jasmine as really having the V-Disc recordings anymore. Beyond any doubt! The sound of the two Mosaic i fantastic, I’m just listening to the big band’s one for the fourth or fifth time. But I remembered that a million years ago I purchased the jasmine (and the Ellington) and I was curious. In effectvthe sound is terrible; a pity for the Duke, most of all. Thanks. Quote
AllenLowe Posted April 12 Posted April 12 (edited) 24 minutes ago, Fred said: Beyond any doubt! The sound of the two Mosaic i fantastic, I’m just listening to the big band’s one for the fourth or fifth time. But I remembered that a million years ago I purchased the jasmine (and the Ellington) and I was curious. In effectvthe sound is terrible; a pity for the Duke, most of all. Thanks. never mind....just figured it out - Edited April 12 by AllenLowe Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.