NBA Playoffs...

BTW, what total crap that Artest was picked as Defensive Player of the Year.  Ben Wallace beat him in rebounds per game and blocks per game.  Isn't that what defense is?

:angry:  :bwallace:

I love this quote from ESPN:  "Artest recently was the runaway choice for the defensive player of the year. He finished third in the league in steals (2.08 per game) and held the players he guarded to 8.1 points a game."

What the fuck?!?  Popovich is right... that's a bullshit stat.  There is no way to substantiate that.

Lame.  :tdown

Personally I think the award was great, being from Indiana and seeing Ron play frequently, I know what he does for the team with his defense

I know what he does for his team, too. He loses critical games for them with flagrant fouls! ;)

Sorry, but had to go back to this just because it's still bullshit that he won the Defensive Player of the Year Award. There is no better defender than Ben Wallace and everybody knows that.

:bwallace::bwallace:

Go Pistons!!!!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“The media’s got no clue who’s good and who’s bad,” Popovich said. “The coaches vote on (all-defensive) first team and second team and Bruce Bowen is right there on the first team where he belongs.”  .... Gregg Popovich

The one thing I will agree with Pop on is that the coaches’ vote is the most important, and in the coaches’ vote, Ron was clearly the highest vote-getter. It really should make any other arguments moot on who the best defensive player was.” .... Rick Carlisle

Popovich says that the Coaches vote for All-Defensive team is credible (".... coaches won't buy that [campaigning] crap..." ) and the media vote (the recipients of the "propaganda") for Defensive Player of the Year is not. OK, I'll go with that logic. Sorry, Coach Pop, you just contradicted yourself.

Rick Carlisle campaigned just as hard for his players when he was coach at Detroit. Didn't hear other coaches whining then.

Lakers in 6. (pains me to say it--never been a Lakers fan) No way to stop Shaq. ^_^

Edited by rachel

Hey the Lakers have Malone to pop someone DEFENSIVELY. A Face-guard won't protect you :rolleyes::lol::w

Don't you think there's a reason why Hamilton has been hit in the face so often?

DEFENSE

DEFENSE

DEFENSE

(that's the official word) :lol:

Edited by Tjazz

Here are some interesting statistics regarding the NBA Finals series since the 2-3-2 format was adopted during the 1984-1985 season:

Record of team with home court advantage: 15-4

Record of home team during games 1 and 2: 25-13

Record of home team during games 3 through 5: 24-30

Record of home team during games 6 and 7: 10-3

Of course, all of these statistics mean nothing - the only thing that matters is the present.

That said, I predict that the Lakers win in no more than 6 games. I am sorry, Detroit fans, but the Pistons appears to lack both the experience and the offense to knock off this Lakers team. If Shaq and Kobe go their separate ways at season's end, then Detroit may be able to look forward to another NBA Championship in the near future.

BTW, I found the article by Ralph Wiley incredibly biased and netiher informative nor persuasive.

(Do any of you Lakers fans know the identity of the older gentleman who appears to have had a courtside seat next to Jack Nicholson during every Lakers game for so many years now? The gentleman appears to be around 60 with longish white hair protruding from a hat that he never seems to be without.)

(Do any of you Lakers fans know the identity of the older gentleman who appears to have had a courtside seat next to Jack Nicholson during every Lakers game for so many years now? The gentleman appears to be around 60 with longish white hair protruding from a hat that he never seems to be without.)

that's me! :)

his name is jim goldstein

he was a real estate guy

goldstein has a article in the usa today for the nba preview

he has been to every lakers play-off game

$10,000 for flights

$7,200 for hotels

$55,000 for tickets

b3-er

it's on for the lakers vs pistons?

cd of choice, up to say $18, price of a conn @ borders

let me know

now on to my picks and other b-s

lakers in 5

i am off for the next 3 days

i gotta buy some vhs tapes for the series, shit i wish i owned a dvd recorder

kobe's stats are better than rips

kobe's "d" is underrated

if sheed guards shaq he won't be around long

tell me the mailman WON'T be ready?

shaq's been controlling the paint

the shaq factor

jeff

that's me! :)

his name is jim goldstein

he was a real estate guy

goldstein has a article in the usa today for the nba preview

he has been to every lakers play-off game

$10,000 for flights

$7,200 for hotels

$55,000 for tickets

I don't know where you got that information but the guy with the hat and the long grey hair and beard sitting next to Nicholson is film director Robert Altman

I've stayed out of this thread until now, but i've been following it as well as the Pistons all post-season. I'm a Pistons fan since pre-Palace days when they played in that trash can called the Silverdome. Great win tonight!

SS1, I must take exception to your statement that Shaq has the most powerful ass in the universe. Anyone who ever watched the Bad Boys knows that the most powerful ass belongs to Rick Mahorn!

Go Pistons!!

I've stayed out of this thread until now, but i've been following it as well as the Pistons all post-season. I'm a Pistons fan since pre-Palace days when they played in that trash can called the Silverdome. Great win tonight!

SS1, I must take exception to your statement that Shaq has the most powerful ass in the universe. Anyone who ever watched the Bad Boys knows that the most powerful ass belongs to Rick Mahorn!

Go Pistons!!

It will be great having Jim Dye move back to Michigan.

Look forward to seeing you again, Jim!

this is the guy i'm talking about

image-149569-1645.jpg

link talks about him

http://www.indystar.com/articles/7/149569-2757-036.html

OK, that guy. I've never seen him sitting next to Nicholson though. Everytime I see Nicholson, Altman is sitting next to him (on the right I believe). I still say the Lakers in 6, remember the 76ers won game one a few years ago.

Edited by kdd