Rahsaan Rahsaan

dave9199

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let people know I just picked up 3-Sided Audio Dream on Collectables and this also has 2 seconds of silence between tracks that run together. DO NOT BUY THESE!!! :tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown:tdown

did they at least leave the small eternity before the telephone conversation on the final track? I know there was a two-on-one issue on 32jazz (paired with a Lateef album I believe), where they cut the silence out, bye bye to rah's joke.

Here's an email I just got from Hyena Records after I passed along my feelings about the Collectables label:

Dave,

Thanks for writing. First off, you learned the hard way to never buy anything from Collectables. They have no intention of serving the music. It's like a chop shop.

Secondly, I'll pass your email along to Joel Dorn, but there is nothing whatsoever he can do about it. He hasn't worked for Atlantic records since the mid-70s. As I'm sure you know, Atlantic is owned by Warner Music Group, which up until a few months ago was part of AOL, and still remains a mega corporation. Joel Dorn is so far off their radar to not even be existant when it comes to the masters they issue to licensing labels for reissue. Even if he were to complain about them mis-representing his original productions, it would mean exactly nothing to them.

It's a drag, but unfortunately it's the reality of the situation. If it were Rhino reissuing those records, he could have more say, but the licensing to other labels is a lost cause.

If you're a Rahsaan fan, you should check out Compliments of The Mysterious Phantom on HYENA. It's a live recording from '74 in San Diego. It's must have Rahsaan!

Stay tuned and keep in touch.

Kevin

HYENA

www.hyenarecords.com

Upcoming on HYENA

Skip Heller (Fakebook) & Mocean Worker (Enter The MoWo!) just released

The Frank & Joe Show (33 1/3) / May 11th

Stan Getz (My Foolish Heart: Live At The Left Bank) *Reissue* / May 25th

Lafayette Gilchrist (The Music According To Lafayette Gilchrist) / June 29th

Thelonious Monk (Monk 'Round The World) / *Thelonious Records* / June 29th

Yeah, it counts down minus 2 seconds between each track. Side 4 of Audio Dream is still there. it's 12:41 long. As I made sure to be doing something else while waiting for it, it scared the shit out of me when it came on. I figured that was the desired respone.

As I made sure to be doing something else while waiting for it, it scared the shit out of me when it came on. I figured that was the desired respone.

hah! cool beans! :tup

happens to me everytime I listen to it.

drop me a PM when that copy with zero pause thing doesn't work

As I made sure to be doing something else while waiting for it, it scared the shit out of me when it came on. I figured that was the desired respone.

hah! cool beans! :tup

happens to me everytime I listen to it.

Same here! Rahsaan still got us on our toes!

Edited by mikeweil