How do you post pictures?

Alec

Two ways: you can link to a picture that appears on another website (and it will appear here) or you can attach a JPEG (.jpg) file (maybe GIF files too?).

Here's how I link (using Windows/PC, not Mac):

• Look for an image you want on the web (google image search can be good, but you have to click on the thumbnail to take you to the real image; you can't link to the thumbnail).
  • Look for an image you want on the web (google image search can be good, but you have to click on the thumbnail to take you to the real image; you can't link to the thumbnail).
  • Right-click on the image: then click "Properties" on the menu that pops up.
  • "Properties" gives you the address (URL) of the picture. Highlight this address and hit "Control C" to copy it.
  • Go back to your Organissimo Post and click "IMG" (gray box above your post). It will tell you to "enter your URL" -- if you hit "Control V" the URL you copied will be pasted into the slot. Then click "OK", and your linked image should appear in your post when you preview or post it.

liston.jpg

Voila -- Melba Liston.

To attach a file (<100K, from your own computer), scroll to the BOTTOM of your post, where you'll see "File Attachments" and an open box -- click on the gray box to the right that says "Browse..." and find the file you want to attach. Click "open" -- and then post your message.

[To save a photo you found on the web to your own files, right-click on the web image and click "Save Picture As" instead of "Properties" -- then you can play with the image and attach your doctored version -- do you think couw and I are really baking all those cakes for Deus? ;)]

Edited by maren

• 2 weeks later...

Great pix, Jazzman4133 - thanks. Perhaps others have got some they'd like to add. Any more Mike? No pictures of famous jazz players in my collection but here's one of me - circa 1961, in Macao (now China). Terry Perry on alto, John Beardmore piano, Rex Simmonds bass, John Young drums and me on tenor - the Governor's Ball.

Edited by tooter

Great pix, Jazzman4133 - thanks. Perhaps others have got some they'd like to add. Any more Mike. No pictures of famous jazz players in my collection but here's one of me - circa 1961, in Macao (now China). Terry Perry on alto, John Beardmore piano, Rex Simmonds bass, John Young drums and me on tenor - the Governor's Ball.

I dig the boats! :g

did some level correction and sharpening for you, you handsome young feller! ;)

Edited by couw

Thanks very much for your response, tooter. You could be right; a good lead at least.

From AMG:

Beck's trio was the house band at the Ronnie Scott Club in the late '60s, and in 1967 Beck began cutting albums and doing studio work. He gained international attention from 1969 - '72 as part of Phil Woods European Rhythm Machine, his strong playing and propulsive solos making him an effective contrasting voice within the group to Woods.

Was Ron Mathewson the bassist in this trio?

Yes. Gordon's trio was the house band at Ronnie Scott's Club in England in the late 1960's ... The Gordon Beck Trio consisted of Gordon, Ron Mathewson, and Daniel Humair ...

Can't be sure of the face, but it looks like a pretty fair bet I would say. The nose is right.

Yes. Gordon's trio was the house band at Ronnie Scott's Club in England in the late 1960's ... The Gordon Beck Trio consisted of Gordon, Ron Mathewson, and Daniel Humair ...

Can't be sure of the face, but it looks like a pretty fair bet I would say. The nose is right.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks JM, couple of spiffing pix. The famous Tal farlow members are on display I see, altough in that one it appears less huge hands than very long fingers.

I am trying to find something more amongst my photos to post, so as to keep my hand in but nothing located yet. It's such a jumble.

Has anyone else got jazz pix to add? Anything goes - rare material you have, your own work, even personal mementoes such as mine if you're not too shy!

Thanks for starting this thread Claypone. I'm doing my best to keep it going. :unsure:

How about this fine young 15 year-old fellow (I had lots of hair then ...NO MESSING WITH THAT COUW!!) on alto (a beautiful Selmer Mark Vi) circa 1955 ... in Cape Town, South Africa, playing with Hoppy Hopfeld and His Hopcats .. truly.... that was the name of the band.. That is my dad on drums...

Edited by garthsj

Yes! That's the stuff, Garth. So here's the one I've been threatening but no danger to me from the bovine pen as I'm not in it. It's of a outfit, or at least some of us, at first called the Forces Big Band and then the Jazzmakers (not original I know). We played in Hong Kong about 1961 - Basie numbers sometimes, I remember April in Paris and Corner Pocket. Played on Hong Kong radio but that's another story.

Aforementioned Terry Perry is lead alto with Chris Bullard on alto too. The faint tenor player - I know, it's a lousy picture - was a Filipino guy called Connie. I'm just past him, out of the picture. Trumpet player with specs is Baz Starbuck and the nearest trombone Frank Smith. I can't remember the other guys names but the trumpet player on the end is Colin Stuart who led the band together with Alan Hare who is the trombonist at the other end. Manchester people and others may know him, as indeed many may know of Colin S.